What's new

What Does KOC Have Up His Sleave?

I have a hard time believing KOC was actually talking about trading a key player away. He never shows his hand like that, I refuse to believe this.

OT: The fill-in host for Locked On Sports was talking about how KOC was rippin on Portland today at a Jazz sponsorship Golf Tournament. He wouldn't go into detail about what was said but former Ute Britton Johnson comment on KOC being really pissed at Portland. If anyone knows what KOC said, please, please post it.

I have a hard time believing KOC was actually talking about trading a key player away. He never shows his hand like that, I refuse to believe this.

OT: The fill-in host for Locked On Sports was talking about how KOC was rippin on Portland today at a Jazz sponsorship Golf Tournament. He wouldn't go into detail about what was said but former Ute Britton Johnson comment on KOC being really pissed at Portland. If anyone knows what KOC said, please, please post it.

Its too vulgar for your ears.

Maybe he is going to sign Matt Barnes for 2 years at 3.6 million. Wait....the Lakers just did that.

Lakers have quietly added Steve Blake, Ratliff and Barnes this summer to boost their bench depth.
Whereas the SLC media cant seem to stop having orgasms about losing 3 rotation players this offseason and adding just two vets. Let's hope KOC has another trade worked away.

Lakers have quietly added Steve Blake, Ratliff and Barnes this summer to boost their bench depth.
Whereas the SLC media cant seem to stop having orgasms about losing 3 rotation players this offseason and adding just two vets. Let's hope KOC has another trade worked away.

Matt Barnes is a complete buffoon. Don't you remember him from the Warriors' series?

Blazer fans were begging for Steve Blake to go somewhere else.

Theo Ratliff is still in the NBA? Holy crap.

The Lakers have picked up other team's scraps while the Jazz actually got quality talent. Advantage O'Connor.

Blake > Price or Gaines
Barnes > Jeffers
Ratliff > Fes.

Their trash is better than our trash.

David Stern- From Killa "Nice pickup by them. I hope they sweep the ****ing Heat."

Thats what I was talking bout not whats in KOC's pants

Blake > Price or Gaines
Barnes > Jeffers
Ratliff > Fes.

Their trash is better than our trash.

Not even close. LA's trash will get minutes, we'll Ratliff will get limited. But Barnes backs up Kobe, and Blake is Fisher's backup. Our trash will be lucky if they see the floor for more than 6 minutes a game.

Blake>Price
Barnes<Raja
Ratliff = Fes

At worst.

Maybe Portland offered Big Fess a 3 year $10 mil contract.

If so, we should all be angry. Those S.O.B's

Not even close. LA's trash will get minutes, we'll Ratliff will get limited. But Barnes backs up Kobe, and Blake is Fisher's backup. Our trash will be lucky if they see the floor for more than 6 minutes a game.

Blake>Price
Barnes<Raja
Ratliff = Fes

At worst.

Barnes will be a bench player, Raja will probably start. Hard to compare those two. Just my opinion though. What has Fes shown really? He's a 7 footer that can't rebound. I personally would trust Ratliff more but that's not saying much either.

Last edited:
Matt Barnes is a complete buffoon. Don't you remember him from the Warriors' series?

Blazer fans were begging for Steve Blake to go somewhere else.

Theo Ratliff is still in the NBA? Holy crap.

The Lakers have picked up other team's scraps while the Jazz actually got quality talent. Advantage O'Connor.

Bad comparison.

Jazz merely compensated for losing their no 1 option on offense and their best outside shooter and best defender and it remains to be seen whether the compensation is good enough. Probably it is'nt. Whereas, Lakers are just adding to their already well talented roster.
Lakers have their top 5 or 6 players intact from last season and are just adding to it now.They could have just stood pat or signed a scrub in place of Shannon Brown. So BIG difference there.The only thing that they did'nt have last year was bench depth and they have fixed it.
And their "scraps" is easily as good if not better than ours.

The Jazz have more than 9 players under contract. They have second year non-guaranteed contracts on Jeffers and Gaines and a non-guaranteed deal with jeremy Evans.

That means they have these guys under some form of contract:

1. Williams
2. Jefferson
3. AK
4. Okur
5. Millsap
6. CJ
7. Raja
8. Hayward
9. Price
10. Gaines
11. Jeffers
12. Evans

Plus we have a QO out on Fesenko. Don't be shocked if they lock up Fes, hit the league minimum and stand pat.

Don't the Jazz and Fes have to resolve the offer sheet by Friday?

Why do you say that? The Jazz have given him a QO. He hasn't signed an "offer sheet" with anyone.

I think you may be referring to the fact that if the Jazz don't revoke the offer sheet by Friday then Fes has the option to sign it per the Larry Coon FAQ.

Teams may also withdraw an outstanding qualifying offer in which case the player becomes unrestricted. This happened with Toronto and Keon Clark in 2002. The qualifying offer cannot be withdrawn after July 23 without the player's approval.

That doesn't mean the contract situation has to be resolved by tomorrow, it only means that the Jazz won't be able to force him into unrestricted free agency if they don't rescind the QO by tomorrow. We could be sitting on Fes contract negotiations for another couple of months.