What's new

What has to happen? Start Memo

The guy has only played in 13 games since rupturing his achilles. Give him just a bit more time.

I am not a big Memo lover, but I hope he gets well and gets back. Moving him into the starting line-up, Al to power forward and Millsap coming off the bench might improve us. But having said that I hope you realize that the chances of ever winning a championship with Memo as the starting center will likely never happen. The Laker just release Gasol on the fast break and he gets a lay-up or fouled, because Memo is so slow getting back on defense.

The difference between Memo now (slower than ever), and Sap + Big Al is moot imo. Maybe Memo before the injury.
It really doesn't matter to me anyways, because Memo isn't the answer to becoming elite. Even when Memo was playing his best a few years ago,
he didn't get us over the hump.

The question isn't "when", it's "if".

Yeah. That was a big concern and a big "if" but my perception about the whole situation changed after reading the comments of the Peak Performance Project's director. He was high on Memo and said he might struggle during 1st year after %100 recovery and has been right but he went on to say that his best years of career in terms of physical condition and durability etc. might be in following years. If that would depend on how committed and willing Memo was, then I would be fully confident of the process however, it does not, unfortunately. I'm hopeful, though.