What's new

What if Jazz got Drummond?

Pastramiking

The Pistons traded All Star Andre Drummond for what amounts to a second round pick. What if Jazz bucked the trend and went the exact opposite of small ball and instead played Rudy and Andre together?

Utah’s biggest nemesis, it’s krypton, is the Rockets, which now went to extra-small ball. To beat them what if Utah went extra-big? I never understand why teams try to match the opposing team instead of forcing the opposing team to match and stop them. With Drummond and Gobert, no team would ever go in the paint and these two All Star twin towers would gobble every rebound. On offense, there would be countless shots 2-feet and in. Dunks all day! Teams would be forced to play their backup bigs against the two for long periods of time. I think it would be different than with Rudy and Favors because Drummond is a bigger and better player than Favors. He is an A+ rebounder and the closest thing to Shaq in terms of size meets mobility— 6’10”/280.

One of the NBA TV analysts said the Rockets would do well during the rest of the regular season because they are an anomaly and no team has the practice time to prep properly for them. (Playoffs would be different). The Lakers who lost to the Rockets last night only played McGee and Howard a combined 20 minutes. Lakers should’ve have played the two for 20+ minutes together! With a double XL team, Utah would be an anomaly too and force teams to match them.

With the deadline now passed, this is a moot point. Cap-wise, we couldn't even absorb him unless you jettisoned Conley.

He'll opt out next year and probably chase the money I'd wager.

He was traded for pennies on the dollar so it does suck but at 28 mill, it was nothing more than a pipe dream.

This is probably not a good idea IMHO. I wish Jazz brass focus on getting a big with some all around talent within the actual window of this roster. In my eyes that's it. The rest will merge and evolve just fine IF they cover somewhat for Rudy's lack of offensive development. No matter what, it's very hard when one of your 2 central pieces do not have a minimun set of all around game skills.

2 pointers are worth less than 3 pointers. Shooting 37% from three probably goes to 45% or more when the rockets are left wide open because we have 2 bugs in the paint. The wing defending would be stretched even more.

"Effective fg%" is predicated on the statistical fact that a 3 point shot (which is a lower % shot) holds more value than layups. It is up all over the league due to shooting more 3s.

Plus, we could not take on that big contract.

Lmao at Detroit. What a terrible franchise.

Something really uncomfortable is revealed about the human psyche when you stop and consider that, somehow, the Detroit Pistons have committed fans. Who are those people? And how can I understand all the similarities I share with them so that I can set out to change everyone of them? The end of my JFC career is likely nigh, I suppose.

Lmao at Detroit. What a terrible franchise.

Something really uncomfortable is revealed about the human psyche when you stop and consider that, somehow, the Detroit Pistons have committed fans. Who are those people? And how can I understand all the similarities I share with them so that I can set out to change everyone of them? The end of my JFC career is likely nigh, I suppose.
GettyImages-81311823.0.jpg

057tlcyus5d41.jpg

We'd be better off with a versatile PF like Draymond Green than Andre Drummond. Having a dominant rebounder on the floor would be a boost, but that person would also need to be able to shoot a bit. That's why a guy like Bobby Portis would be appealing.

The Pistons traded All Star Andre Drummond for what amounts to a second round pick. What if Jazz bucked the trend and went the exact opposite of small ball and instead played Rudy and Andre together?

This is exactly what we did the last few years with Rudy and Favors. It resulted in a first round exit and two second round exits.

Utah’s biggest nemesis, it’s krypton, is the Rockets, which now went to extra-small ball. To beat them what if Utah went extra-big? I never understand why teams try to match the opposing team instead of forcing the opposing team to match and stop them. With Drummond and Gobert, no team would ever go in the paint and these two All Star twin towers would gobble every rebound. On offense, there would be countless shots 2-feet and in. Dunks all day! Teams would be forced to play their backup bigs against the two for long periods of time. I think it would be different than with Rudy and Favors because Drummond is a bigger and better player than Favors. He is an A+ rebounder and the closest thing to Shaq in terms of size meets mobility— 6’10”/280.

One of the NBA TV analysts said the Rockets would do well during the rest of the regular season because they are an anomaly and no team has the practice time to prep properly for them. (Playoffs would be different). The Lakers who lost to the Rockets last night only played McGee and Howard a combined 20 minutes. Lakers should’ve have played the two for 20+ minutes together! With a double XL team, Utah would be an anomaly too and force teams to match them.
What a stupid thread to start, idiot!!