What's new

What if Mo missed that shot....

I don't like that play if we are trying to tie, but we wanted to ensure that we had the last possession and the best way to do that is in isolation plays that require no passing.

a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg

Did you see when Mo hit the game winner how Jefferson's first reaction wasn't to run to his team - he turned to the fans and acknowledged the crowd.

Jefferson gets a lot of crap on this board and at least 75% of it is deserved; but that was a cool move you don't see very often by an athlete from any era.

Good observation. I'd also add that when I saw the Jazz just recently in LA, Al is trying to get whistles for other guys as much as himself. He was as happy Millsap was killing as Millsap. I have no idea why he gets this reputation that he doesn't burn to win or isn't a team player.

I'll be the first to admit I would have ripped Ty and Mo if he missed. And I still think it was a terrible shot in the situation. But if there's a silver lining a coach sometimes has to make counterintuitive moves to show faith in a player, and there's no doubt that shot helped Mo's confidence. But he better not get it into his head that he's the guy who should take those shots.

Did you see when Mo hit the game winner how Jefferson's first reaction wasn't to run to his team - he turned to the fans and acknowledged the crowd.

Jefferson gets a lot of crap on this board and at least 75% of it is deserved; but that was a cool move you don't see very often by an athlete from any era.
Actually, Jefferson raised his arms in celebration while the ball was still way up in the air. Clairvoyant much?

If Green were crowding Mo a bit closer, I think Mo would have driven the ball and looked to kick to another shooter, but once Green backed off enough to defend the drive, Mo decided he was going to shoot it. Sometimes, you just take what the defense gives you.