What's new

What IF Poll: Would Sloan agree to come back and coach the Jazz?

Would Sloan come back to coach the Jazz if asked?

• Total voters
I remember Fesenko saga with DWill complaining about Utah's best defensive big with no offense polishing the bench.

Wow!!! jazzfanz showing it's intelligence. Good hell!!! Fes is the card you want to play!!!! He was a train reck, and is no longer in the league. So not only did he not playing for Sloan, but not any other Coach in the NBA as well. Please tell me which big bench warmer that played under Sloan could actually hack it.

HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember Fesenko fouling at a rate higher than a pedo teaching preschool. BTW, he's out of the league.
I also remember Fesenko bringing a level of defensive intensity that the regular rotation tended to not have, and that in game after game, when Fesenko was in, the opponents' point production went down and the Jazz closed deficits (or built leads).

Foul trouble was not the reason that Fesenko was playing so little. He rarely fouled out. His foul shooting was poor, but that didn't stop the typical boost in net point production when he was in the game. The main reason was the bias toward the regular rotation, which we have been reminded in recent games to continue to be the bias for Sloan's successor, which has likely costed the Jazz wins.

Against the Clippers on December 28, Kanter got 14 minutes--a chunk of time that Fesenko would've longed for--with 8 points and 5 rebounds (the same number of RBs as Millsap got in twice the time). The Undertaker's play was unpolished but effective. Kanter didn't do quite as well but in similar minutes on the 30th, but the bias was toward the regular rotation, including a 2-for-7 Millsap, who again equaled Kanter's RB production but in more time.

The #1 problem for this team continues to be poor analysis of matchups and inadequate identification of players and rotations that are working on a given night.

In other words, the Sloan legacy lives on.

The #1 problem for this team continues to be poor analysis of matchups and inadequate identification of players and rotations that are working on a given night.

Yes. The hot hand is an important coaching piece and we seem to be lacking it nightly.

Yes. The hot hand is an important coaching piece and we seem to be lacking it nightly.
"Hot hand", if you're referring to a player who is shooting unusually well on a given night, is not necessary for winning, although the "hot hand" might be part of the optimal rotation that TyCo is ignoring.

Randy Foye probably thought that he was the "hot hand" on the 28th, going 5 for 9 from the 3, but he also had the worst +/- on the team (second to Big Black Hole Al Jefferson at -17). Hayward and Burks might have maxed out their time with 5 PFs each, but it appears that Hayward helping out on Paul was working.

Millsap was a moderate contribution in the first game and a nonfactor in the second. His PT was cut to 20 minutes, but it continues to baffle me why Favors and Kanter play so much together when a pairing of (Jefferson or Millsap) plus (Favors or Kanter) would provide defense/strength and scoring simultaneously.

"Hot hand", if you're referring to a player who is shooting unusually well on a given night, is not necessary for winning, although the "hot hand" might be part of the optimal rotation that TyCo is ignoring.

Randy Foye probably thought that he was the "hot hand" on the 28th, going 5 for 9 from the 3, but he also had the worst +/- on the team (second to Big Black Hole Al Jefferson at -17). Hayward and Burks might have maxed out their time with 5 PFs each, but it appears that Hayward helping out on Paul was working.

Millsap was a moderate contribution in the first game and a nonfactor in the second. His PT was cut to 20 minutes, but it continues to baffle me why Favors and Kanter play so much together when a pairing of (Jefferson or Millsap) plus (Favors or Kanter) would provide defense/strength and scoring simultaneously.

When I use the phrase "hot hand" I'm referring to any player that is playing exceptionally well in any aspect of the game. It could be shooting, it could be rebounding, it could just be defense in general, anything works.

When I use the phrase "hot hand" I'm referring to any player that is playing exceptionally well in any aspect of the game. It could be shooting, it could be rebounding, it could just be defense in general, anything works.

And basketball is a rhythm game. If you've got a guy who's found a grove roll with it. I don't really buy into the idea that he hit the last two shots so he's more likely to hit the next shot, but a lot of times when a player is on they're on. Could be match-ups, could be confidence, could be something else, but it's something.

The Jazz will never hire Sloan. Here's the simple reason, they will have to go out and look for another coach in 2-3 years if that after Sloan retires.