What's new

What is Wrong with Donovan?

Making the all star team seemed to cause Rudy and DM to relax a little. Time to get fired up again and realize that the those kind of recognitions are secondary.

Last edited:
He needs to play more under control. Trying to take over the game by himself is not winning basketball....and it's not Jazz basketball. Passing and finding the open man is the way to go. He tries to do too much himself. "Hip Hop Ball!"

I am on board .. something is off with DM.
Jazz was rocking that even Niang and Bradley were easily scoring, leaving Mavs in the dust.
Then starters went back in, DM handling the ball and somehow screwing the momentum and the offense.
Probably already thinking about the ASG?
One more game and here's to him getting that out of his system.

I am on board .. something is off with DM.
Jazz was rocking that even Niang and Bradley were easily scoring, leaving Mavs in the dust.
Then starters went back in, DM handling the ball and somehow screwing the momentum and the offense.
Probably already thinking about the ASG?
One more game and here's to him getting that out of his system.
Let's hope that's it. Right now he looks broken.

He needs to play more under control. Trying to take over the game by himself is not winning basketball....and it's not Jazz basketball. Passing and finding the open man is the way to go. He tries to do too much himself. "Hip Hop Ball!"
Donovan often dribbles too much, forces things, and makes dumb plays like dribbling behind his back when he's double-teamed, leading to turnovers.

I don't mind slumpin, I just don't like All Star ego seeping in. Saw him bite Gobert's head off tonight after he fired a horrible pass at him that nobody could've corralled.

The turnovers were a reaaaally bad thing tonight, but this game still seemed better than a lot recent ones

Last edited:
Forcing it a bit much trying to be a hero and then getting tunnel vision as well.

Right about now would be a great time for one of Kobe's "Detail" breakdowns on him.

Ironically, not all of these turnovers of today seemed as much bad, not that there are good turnovers, but it looked like a few bad executed passes (trying to make plays not just for himself), and poor handles while trying to exploit reasonable posible advantages, like some bad executions rather than another night of simply "going full Kobe"

I don’t think it’s ego on Mitchell’s part ... teams are defending him on his dribble drives so much better ...

Jazz did something different last game by letting Conley drive , who is quicker and better ball handler than dishing off to mitchell , this works so much better

Obviously Conley didn’t play tonight but I would of had Mudiay out there in place of Royce for that very play , plus mudiay was playing outstanding

He is in a bit of a rut, but still so valuable.

People need to realize - the guy is only halfway through his 3rd season while adjusting to a few new high volume teammates. He is an unselfish kid and a good teammate who just wants to win.

Some people around here should pump the breaks on the Mitchell shade. He is a massive part of who we are and why we are relevant.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

He is in a bit of a rut, but still so valuable.

People need to realize - the guy is only halfway through his 3rd season while adjusting to a few new high volume teammates. He is an unselfish kid and a good teammate who just wants to win.

Some people around here should pump the breaks on the Mitchell shade. He is a massive part of who we are and why we are relevant.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Late in the game last night with Dallas down (I think) only 5, that fade away jumper going to his right with two men on him was insane.

Late in the game last night with Dallas down (I think) only 5, that fade away jumper going to his right with two men on him was insane.

I looked for that play but couldn't find it. I agree, he has some bad moments here and there, but it happens. Bojan airballed a three with 10 seconds left on the shot clock with about 4 minutes left. Joe missed a wide open 3 with 40 seconds left off a good feed from Donovan. Clarkson made a bad decision to reach in the front court when he had 5 fouls.

Good players make bad plays. I just think the Donovan negativity in this forum is starting to build. He's a great player who is still a work in progress. Off the court, we couldn't ask for a better person. Some people around here need to take a deep breath and appreciate what we have.

Absolutely. Also absolutely not a great shot, but he did nail it and it was huge. But we need to get into the blender more. We are letting teams force is into drive and shoot tough mid-range shots too much. We need to get the pass going more.

I looked for that play but couldn't find it. I agree, he has some bad moments here and there, but it happens. Bojan airballed a three with 10 seconds left on the shot clock with about 4 minutes left. Joe missed a wide open 3 with 40 seconds left off a good feed from Donovan. Clarkson made a bad decision to reach in the front court when he had 5 fouls.

Good players make bad plays. I just think the Donovan negativity in this forum is starting to build. He's a great player who is still a work in progress. Off the court, we couldn't ask for a better person. Some people around here need to take a deep breath and appreciate what we have.

1:47 left he hit a 16 foot jumper to put Utah up 123-116. He was going to his right, out of bounds and had two defenders on him including Pordingdong, who came to help.

I'd look for it on nba.com but i'm too lazy, lol..

One thing that puzzles me is why Donovan always walks the ball up the court. It feels like there isn't enough time to get the blender going when 10 seconds are off the shot clock before the possession even starts.