What's new

What precautions would you take if ownership changed right before you signed a contract through the rest of your prime?

NAOS

This may not be all about money. How does Rudy know that he wants to work with/for this guy?

I would expect that this negotiation would instantly become a more lengthy process the moment ownership changed. Many other things besides money would be brought out onto the table that might otherwise not have been—were ownership to have remained the same, more-known entity.

I’m certainly not gonna blame any delays on Rudy’s insistence on a dollar figure, and I urge you to do the same.

Think everyone on team knew Ryan Smith before he bought team
Think he has filmed commercials with Rudy etc
He has been a big sponsor and supporter of Jazz for a while
So Rudy should already know if he likes Ryan or not

Rudy doesn’t play a position/role where he should have any confidence that he could sign and later force his way to a team on a short list of desired locations.

Think everyone on team knew Ryan Smith before he bought team
Think he has filmed commercials with Rudy etc
He has been a big sponsor and supporter of Jazz for a while
So Rudy should already know if he likes Ryan or not
Highly speculative. But that’s cool.

This may not be all about money. How does Rudy know that he wants to work with/for this guy?

I would expect that this negotiation would instantly become a more lengthy process the moment ownership changed. Many other things besides money would be brought out onto the table that might otherwise not have been—were ownership to have remained the same, more-known entity.

I’m certainly not gonna blame any delays on Rudy’s insistence on a dollar figure, and I urge you to do the same.
WTH is wrong with you?

Not sure what it is about but I think Rudy might be more concerned with management not really intervening or helping when some of his teammates cough*Donovan*cough were selling hi. Out because he got sick.

This is the part where a bunch of idiots act like Rudy was doing Dwight Howard type pranks and coughing on everyone’s toothbrushes... please don’t. DM did him dirty and it lingered too long. Jazz Managment didnt support him and now he gets to let them hang out there a bit or test their resolve.

Think about all the trash *** owners in this league and the dudes who sign to play for their teams.

I can’t imagine for one second he’s contemplating the recent ownership change and factoring it into whether he wants to play here.

Not sure what it is about but I think Rudy might be more concerned with management not really intervening or helping when some of his teammates cough*Donovan*cough were selling hi. Out because he got sick.

This is the part where a bunch of idiots act like Rudy was doing Dwight Howard type pranks and coughing on everyone’s toothbrushes... please don’t. DM did him dirty and it lingered too long. Jazz Managment didnt support him and now he gets to let them hang out there a bit or test their resolve.
That plus DM bending the org over in contract talks sends a clear signal that Donovan is going to be the guy the FO signs with. That's my biggest worry is that Gobert is going to basically go 100% for his own interest without really considering the team because he feels disrespected.

Think about all the trash *** owners in this league and the dudes who sign to play for their teams.

I can’t imagine for one second he’s contemplating the recent ownership change and factoring it into whether he wants to play here.
Sure you can. It isn’t that hard to imagine.

I agree man. I feel like that whole situation got handled in a shady manner with all fingers being pointed at Gobert which is so ****ing stupid considering where it all went.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

That plus DM bending the org over in contract talks sends a clear signal that Donovan is going to be the guy the FO signs with. That's my biggest worry is that Gobert is going to basically go 100% for his own interest without really considering the team because he feels disrespected.
The Donovan extension didn’t prove that, it just reinforced it. I think the kicker here is another problem of DL’s (passive) creation — the entire organization left him hanging dry, if not thrown under the bus, and for no good reason at all, when the league shut down.

And to piggyback off this, all the “it’s no big deal” bros always being blind to **** like this. Spence Checketts was the only one I saw calling this out and saying the franchise needed to do something to support Rudy. Then you had all the “this doesn’t matter” bros carrying water for the org, and those stupid ideas trickle down to lay fandom

I'd talk how I'm committed to the team or community or whatever is important to the owner...sign for the max and know I can behave like an *** later to force my way to the Lakers.

The bottom line is our new owner Ryan is a blessing to the franchise. Especially during free agency. We have to bring in talent all the time who meet the owner or management of our team as well as others. If you're a young athlete wanting to win. And you go to Miami, you get the great Pat Riley. You go to Boston and you meet Danny Ainge. If you go to the clippers, you meet Balmer and then you come to Utah and meet Gail Miller? Who would you choose? This new owner is an absolute blessing for us.

The bottom line is our new owner Ryan is a blessing to the franchise. Especially during free agency. We have to bring in talent all the time who meet the owner or management of our team as well as others. If you're a young athlete wanting to win. And you go to Miami, you get the great Pat Riley. You go to Boston and you meet Danny Ainge. If you go to the clippers, you meet Balmer and then you come to Utah and meet Gail Miller? Who would you choose? This new owner is an absolute blessing for us.
Cool evidence.

Back to ignore. Bai.

Cool evidence.

Back to ignore. Bai.
Back to Ignore? So you ignored my posts tuned in and then ignored again? I don't even know who you are. Gail says thank you for your support and for helping her with her groceries across the street. I'll see you soon when you tune in next time,,,,,, again.
Bye. (In proper spelling)