What's new

What upgrades are needed to make us a contender?

He's owed $96 mil over the next 4 years which seems pretty expensive. He's a good player but don't see him raising the ceiling of this team. Jazz probably don't need another undersized guard either.

Agreed

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Sign me up for Durant if he was down with coming here and the price wasn’t extremely high. We’d actually be the perfect place for him. We have no media distractions and it would help his legacy out more than just about anything else could if he won a championship here. He’d fit in pretty seamlessly with this roster too.

Sign me up for Durant if he was down with coming here and the price wasn’t extremely high. We’d actually be the perfect place for him. We have no media distractions and it would help his legacy out more than just about anything else could if he won a championship here. He’d fit in pretty seamlessly with this roster too.

I think the price is extremely high.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the price is extremely high.
Yeah he is pretty much all they have. Kyrie and Simmons are untradable at least for the time being and they are not exactly stocked with draft picks despite having 2 first rounders in next draft.

I'm a maybe on Durant
If he can for 100% sure bring a championship to Utah and price is not too high
Otherwise Jazz may give up too much for him and get nothing

Zero shot Hawks do that. It wouldn’t be worth it for either team to do an Okongwu trade.
Which part all of it wouldn't they do? some or all? Sending the Hawks the Jazz 23 first,with the Hawks first returning,especially if Danny and co really are trying to win all season or at least still at the deadline, means the Hawks probably are getting the lesser pick, but the Hawks won't see it that way imo.
I think you put anyone better than THT, headed to ATL, a team with reasonable frontcourt depth under contract for years, and then the Jazz 1st is off the table because anyone better headed to ATl and the Jazz are no longer trying to win.
I think Hawks would value a long limbed wrecking ball as another defensive presence in the backcourt with Dejounte when they can't hide Trae, more than Okongwu.
I don't know if they value Okongwu so much they wouldn't trade him, given Capela Collins Hunter all got paid. Maybe they do if thats what you are suggesting.
I would also look at better playmaking bigs and shooters. There really are none available, that offer rim protection at that level for less than overpays however.
btw I do not think they are trying to contend this season, despite also not tanking

What would Ricky Rubio look like on this team? I kind of feel he could provide what we are trying to force out of NAW. . .

What would Ricky Rubio look like on this team? I kind of feel he could provide what we are trying to force out of NAW. . .
What would it take to pry him from the Cavs though? Probably have to give them one of their first back. He is still hurt anyway I think most of the season expected.

The Jazz haven’t even unleashed Sexton on the season yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the way he is playing team basketball. Seems like now that he had a season to sit and study film. I think also being able to watch the Cavs playing Rubio or Garland lead offenses. It rubbed off on him in that way. He also is playing better man defense, despite never likely to be good at it if switching everything. But yeah he can get buckets if they need him to get buckets.

What would it take to pry him from the Cavs though? Probably have to give them one of their first back. He is still hurt anyway I think most of the season expected.
An unprotected first for Rubio? Na. . .I was thinking some second round picks. Not sure what use the Cavs have with Rubio.

I’m officially a jazz fan. I’m in Cleveland, so Cavs fan first but. That trade we made with you guys turned out amazing for both of us. Markennan and sexton are beasts. Always loved Markannen. And y’all got two draft picks I think.

And for us donavon Mitchell has been exactly as advertised. Great trade for both sides. Wish u guys luck this year. Cavs Jazz Finals haha.

(maybe not the right spot for this) but wanted wish luck