What's new

What would it take to get Lowry?

A healthy Mo Williams is about equal to Kyle Lowry on the court and about 100% better than him off the court. Toronto gave up a likely lottery pick for Lowry and he is already worn out his welcome in Toronto and been replaced by Calderon, a free Agent who they have been trying to replace/trade for 3 seasons. Now, Calderon a very tradeable asset will stay the rest of this season and maybe re-signed. Lowry is of no benefit to Utah, especially if it means give up Millsap or Burks, and unless Utah wants a locker room cancer.

A healthy Mo Williams is about equal to Kyle Lowry on the court and about 100% better than him off the court. Toronto gave up a likely lottery pick for Lowry and he is already worn out his welcome in Toronto and been replaced by Calderon, a free Agent who they have been trying to replace/trade for 3 seasons. Now, Calderon a very tradeable asset will stay the rest of this season and maybe re-signed. Lowry is of no benefit to Utah, especially if it means give up Millsap or Burks, and unless Utah wants a locker room cancer.

But don't he have no jailhouse tats?

I can't help but wonder how Bargnani might be as your 3rd big/scoring punch off the bench (interesting skillset for a big, defensive issues would be largely mitigated)...

*shrug*

I'm not horny for him, but this is about potentially getting an upgrade at the Jazz's greatest position of need. And, hey, the Jazz have cap space.

I can't help but wonder how Bargnani might be as your 3rd big/scoring punch off the bench (interesting skillset for a big, defensive issues would be largely mitigated)...

*shrug*

I'm not horny for him, but this is about potentially getting an upgrade at the Jazz's greatest position of need. And, hey, the Jazz have cap space.
They'll have to take Marvin back.

Also, Toronto doesn't have to add value to dump Bargnani. They can amnesty him this summer if necessary.

He's playing hard and effectively off the bench, and is signed at a very reasonable amount through next season. Dude's arguably the Raps best player. If the Raps trade him, they'll be looking for value. If they don't get it, they wait until the offseason, see what happens with Calderon, and then decide on Lowry. Colangelo is a ****ing moron, but still.

So what would it take for the Jazz to get him? I'd start with those two [nearly useless] first round draft picks as an enticer. I'm no fan of 20ish draft picks being valued as high as they are by fans.

Lowry is a head case and always injured.

He can put up huge numbers at times, but I think the book is out on him (headcase wise) and he could be had for less than what some of y'all are saying.

Lowry is probably going to Boston, now that Rondo is down. Celtics have some young, attractive pieces and solid, inexpensive veterans that could make sense for Toronto. Courtney Lee plus a pick could get it done.

....and the Celtics want Lowry now.

Why does everyone assume that KOC will try to acquire a PG? Mo should be bback for the playoffs, will be hitting his stride in the second round and won't be tired for the WCF series. I'm okay with waiting it out.

Lowry is a head case and always injured.

He can put up huge numbers at times, but I think the book is out on him (headcase wise) and he could be had for less than what some of y'all are saying.

I think this goes along with my thought that the Raptors are going to try to tank to try and make sure their pick is top 3 so they can keep it.

The Celtics can't offer a better package than the Jazz, all things considered unless they're trading Rondo in the deal (as they can't possibly be in win-now mode). I'm interested to see if this materializes into anything, and if that could be the domino of trading season.

They'll have to take Marvin back.

Also, Toronto doesn't have to add value to dump Bargnani. They can amnesty him this summer if necessary.

Why would they amnesty him? They're not in cap trouble, and they'll have to pay the raw sum anyhow.

I wouldn't say that Lowry is a bad person or a difficult teammate. He complained a bit in Houston about coming off the bench behind Goran Dragic at times last season, but he didn't complain any more than Paul Millsap during his stay with the Jazz. That doesn't make Sap a bad teammate or person, no one ever wanted to deal Millsap because of it. The locker room cancer label is applicable to people like Michael Beasley or Delonte West, not Kyle Lowry. He's nowhere close to approach that status.

In their primes, they may have been equal, but at this point in their respective careers I believe that Lowry is superior to Mo Williams in almost every sense. He's a better rebounder, passer, and defender. Mo is probably the better shooter of the two. Lowry is also younger and has a cheaper deal.

In their primes, they may have been equal, but at this point in their respective careers I believe that Lowry is superior to Mo Williams in almost every sense. He's a better rebounder, passer, and defender. Mo is probably the better shooter of the two. Lowry is also younger and has a cheaper deal.

They're definitely not equal now. It's not even that close imo.

no, not really.

In what offense, and with what players??

When paired with Al, Mo >>>> Lowry

When you take the young kids into account, then Lowry definitely suits their skill-sets better.

One player is not better than the other though, in my opinion. Different players for different offenses.

-George