What's new

what would you rather have?

I'm ready to move on from Big Al. I liked the way Sap played without Big Al tonight. I liked the way we played as a team. The ball movement was there, and
we were fun to watch again. Imagine adding Favors to that mix.

It might not be enough to beat the Spurs or an elite team this year, BUT it's the best way to get there. We have to develop a core that works together, and go forward to improve that.
Big Al kills team basketball. That's why he'd never work on the Thunder or Spurs. No defense, and not a team player.

no jefferson, sap, and kanter avg about 30 minutes a game. fun hustling basketball like today vs torronto but going about with burks getting 12 minutes a game 25-57 and get blown out by an average of 18 points per game like we're watching the Raptors every game.

Fixed. Yeah, it would be fun looking into lottery hope again.

Give me the youngs. Give me hope that we can actually compete in the post season. 8th seed followed by a sweep is not fun.

A second ago, it was Sap was the odd man out, now it's Big Al again? Make up your minds.

I said at this point last season we should have just traded both of them, and get a decent backup big and and a better point and Maybe a draft pick if we're lucky.

However, at this point I'd much rather us let them play out their contracts and get to the playoffs, whiles giving Favors and Kanter significant minutes.

Starting Jeff/Favors and bringing Sap/Kanter together off the bench for significant minutes will lead to maximum productivity for this team this year. After this year we can fully dedicate to Favors/Kanter going forwards, hopefully with another year of playoff experience. Going forward I can see them being a younger version of the z-bo/Gasol Tandem.

And knowing Dennis Lindsey's school of thought from being in the Spurs organization, he probally feels the same way about gradually letting Kanter/Favors have the reigns going into next season

A second ago, it was Sap was the odd man out, now it's Big Al again? Make up your minds.

I said at this point last season we should have just traded both of them, and get a decent backup big and and a better point and Maybe a draft pick if we're lucky.

However, at this point I'd much rather us let them play out their contracts and get to the playoffs, whiles giving Favors and Kanter significant minutes.

Starting Jeff/Favors and bringing Sap/Kanter together off the bench for significant minutes will lead to maximum productivity for this team this year. After this year we can fully dedicate to Favors/Kanter going forwards, hopefully with another year of playoff experience. Going forward I can see them being a younger version of the z-bo/Gasol Tandem.

And knowing Dennis Lindsey's school of thought from being in the Spurs organization, he probally feels the same way about gradually letting Kanter/Favors have the reigns going into next season

I always said al needs to go.
sap is the man.
i've said this numerous times. sap kanter favors 30 minutes each and 4th big man 8-10 minutes. simple as that

we need to keep sap

I always said al needs to go.
sap is the man.
i've said this numerous times. sap kanter favors 30 minutes each and 4th big man 8-10 minutes. simple as that

we need to keep sap

No we don't. I'd rather have Sap gone at this point, because I think it's clear he doesn't want to be benched, and Corbin doesn't want to piss him off. To reach our potential next season Sap has to be gone, so Favors gets the bulk of the minutes at the 4. Al needs to be gone so Kanter develops and gets minutes at the 5.

Unlike you I don't really discriminate between Al and Sap, because I think them getting minutes is just taking away from the development of Favors/Kanter. I don't even think I'd consider Millsap a better player than Favors at this point, so why is he getting more minutes?

There's nothing I see about Millsap this season that saids he's "the man". Out of Favors/Sap/Jeff I think he's the only one who hasn't played up to/ above my expectations.

Trading Sap/Jeff whiles thery're still valuable, instead of letting them walk, gives us the opportunity to get a back up center, maybe package Mo in a trade for an upgrade at point, or acquire a good draft pick. I'm either for it the full way or not. I want Favors/Kanter starting now, because I feel they'll develop into a younger version of Z-bo/Gasol, but even better since they're already this good at 20/21. However, by trading 1 , you're committing to one more than the other, and in that case I'd rather just let al/sap play out the season... get an 8th seed... and then Kanter/Favors have one more year of playoff experience.

Using Sap/Jeff to get Calderon/Turner/backup big would be perfect imo. I'm really high on Turner

Last edited:
No we don't. I'd rather have Sap gone at this point, because I think it's clear he doesn't want to be benched, and Corbin doesn't want to piss him off. To reach our potential next season Sap has to be gone, so Favors gets the bulk of the minutes at the 4. Al needs to be gone so Kanter develops and gets minutes at the 5.

Unlike you I don't really discriminate between Al and Sap, because I think them getting minutes is just taking away from the development of Favors/Kanter. I don't even think I'd consider Millsap a better player than Favors at this point, so why is he getting more minutes?

There's nothing I see about Millsap this season that saids he's "the man". Out of Favors/Sap/Jeff I think he's the only one who hasn't played up to/ above my expectations.

Trading Sap/Jeff whiles thery're still valuable, instead of letting them walk, gives us the opportunity to get a back up center, maybe package Mo in a trade for an upgrade at point, or acquire a good draft pick. I'm either for it the full way or not. I want Favors/Kanter starting now, because I feel they'll develop into a younger version of Z-bo/Gasol, but even better since they're already this good at 20/21. However, by trading 1 , you're committing to one more than the other, and in that case I'd rather just let al/sap play out the season... get an 8th seed... and then Kanter/Favors have one more year of playoff experience.

Using Sap/Jeff to get Calderon/Turner/backup big would be perfect imo. I'm really high on Turner

Playoff experience this year? Been there done that . How many minutes did favors kantwr play inplayoff last year

Playoff experience this year? Been there done that . How many minutes did favors kantwr play inplayoff last year

Clearly you didn't read my post when I stated that for the rest of the year we should start Favors/Al and brings Kanter/Millsap off the bench for significant minutes