What's new

What you sippin on?

I'm thinking of reviving the "Best Bang for your Buck a the Utah Liquor Store" thing I did a few years ago, except only comparing local beers. I think I'll need another metric besides ounces of ethanol per dollar, but that will certainly be one of the metrics. Saw several beers that I'd be interested in reviewing and comparing the cost of the alcohol content. So many IPAs above 8% nowadays, and I got a Scottish ale from Salt Flats brewing at 9%abv. Anyway, something needs to keep this thread fresh.

Friday arvo, work Christmas party tonight, Dirty Three playing drinking cans of Coopers
751451-1.png

Blue Moon. Mmmmmm.

If you like blue moon then do yourself a favor and go to the liquor store and buy leinenkugel sunset wheat. Best beer ever. Similar to a blue moon or shock top but way better

Reactions: RJF
As any sensible person might. But I'm not a sensible person. My 150 lbs can drink anyone here under the table including @Wes Mantooth without trying. And I've only been 2 weeks off the wagon.

Still, that Belgian wheat ****, yuck, even with fruit.

Probably. I’m not in drinking shape. I mean, I could prob toss back 15-18 Coors Lights np over 5-6 hours but that doesn’t count. Now when I drink beer I usually get tired after two and just stop. But I drink hard beer now. Hate Blue Moon like you too. Not sure if they have it on tap out there but out here, they put a thin slice of orange in your Blue Moon. Mediocre with or without it for me. Not sure if I’ve had the Sunset Wheat or not @fishonjazz mentioned but I like Lein’s Summer Shandy and grapefruit one (I forget the name) in the summertime. In general though, I like harder stuff now so far as beer goes. In the 7+% range. My favorite beer ever was some beer from Vermont. 13%. Amazing ****. Not sure why I like them more. Maybe because I don’t drink them as fast. Sort of like wine. I’m a big Cabs guy now and enjoy the buzz off of wine because I don’t get as tired as I do giddy.

Probably. I’m not in drinking shape. I mean, I could prob toss back 15-18 Coors Lights np over 5-6 hours but that doesn’t count. Now when I drink beer I usually get tired after two and just stop. But I drink hard beer now. Hate Blue Moon like you too. Not sure if they have it on tap out there but out here, they put a thin slice of orange in your Blue Moon. Mediocre with or without it for me. Not sure if I’ve had the Sunset Wheat or not @fishonjazz mentioned but I like Lein’s Summer Shandy and grapefruit one (I forget the name) in the summertime. In general though, I like harder stuff now so far as beer goes. In the 7+% range. My favorite beer ever was some beer from Vermont. 13%. Amazing ****. Not sure why I like them more. Maybe because I don’t drink them as fast. Sort of like wine. I’m a big Cabs guy now and enjoy the buzz off of wine because I don’t get as tired as I do giddy.

Bird Dog Peach Whiskey and Michelob Amber Bock. Might regret this is in the morning but thankfully I don’t work tomorrow. Cheers! :)