What's new

What's the coolest piece of memorabilia you have?

I know this won't be popular here.. but I have a game ball signed by Pat Riley that my grandfather got from him after a game in '66. (Riley was a member of the "Rupp's Runts" at UK.)

Actually my friend, that is very original piece. Very nice.

Karl Malone game worn shoes.

I got to go into the Jazz locker room after a game against the Nuggets in Denver in 97' and meet the Mailman. He talked to me for a while, then signed and gave me his shoes he wore that game.

I was 12 years old at the time, and literally could have died from shock. Was my dream come true as a kid.

Karl Malone game worn shoes.

I got to go into the Jazz locker room after a game against the Nuggets in Denver in 97' and meet the Mailman. He talked to me for a while, then signed and gave me his shoes he wore that game.

I was 12 years old at the time, and literally could have died from shock. Was my dream come true as a kid.

Damn, that's really cool. It made me think of something and I am curious to know. Does anyone remember in the early 90's, Malone wore a pair of L.A. Gear sneakers or Reebok (I think) and they had the lights on the bottom when he would step down. He wore them for 1 game and the NBA ended up banning them after his first game because their were complaints from the opposing team about them causing distraction while he was one the court. Am I the only one getting old or does anyone else remember this??

Damn, that's really cool. It made me think of something and I am curious to know. Does anyone remember in the early 90's, Malone wore a pair of L.A. Gear sneakers or Reebok (I think) and they had the lights on the bottom when he would step down. He wore them for 1 game and the NBA ended up banning them after his first game because their were complaints from the opposing team about them causing distraction while he was one the court. Am I the only one getting old or does anyone else remember this??

Yup!! I was at that game!!

They either delayed the game, or made Malone leave for a bit, I cant remember.

A trainer or someone on the sidelines actually had to remove the light from the back of the shoes.

When I lived in SLC many years ago, I ran into Eaton while he and his wife were hauling their x-mas tree to Park City or wherever he lived. I was bow hunting with a friend up Parley's canyon, and we were just coming off the mountain at the end of the day. We saw an SUV pull over, and some sasquatch of a man got out and began adjusting his x-mas tree(strapped to top of SUV) on the side off the highway, and we recognized immediately who it was.
-
I raised up my bow and yelled "GO JAZZ!", but he must not have expected two guys in camo with bows to come yelling at him out of the brush. He hurried and finished and then jumped in his truck and hauled ***. However, as I was trying to hurry up to talk to him, I witnessed his wife throw a half-eaten almond joy out the window as they were driving off. I was starving, just having hiked all day, so I wasn't able to keep the candy, but I still have the wrapper to this day. Unsigned, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Fuhhhhhhhhh you are right. I was so young, I guess I didn't remember when it was we got that. Must've been during the 00-01 season.

Made it a little more special than in memory than it duly deserved.

Does it have an autograph from Pete Chilcutt or Todd Fuller?

I have a Jazz jersey that is signed by several players, coaches, and commentators. I got Jarron Collins to sign my shirt with the words "the Marksman."

The coolest? An autographed Karl Malone rookie card. The anti-coolest? Getting John Stockton to sign something.

I have a game ball used in the 98 finals that has some both teams logo on it. I got it signed by John Stockton last year

Does it have an autograph from Pete Chilcutt or Todd Fuller?

Honestly having trouble making out some autographs.

Stockton and Malone

Mvfdeue.jpg

Hornacek

lhoEb95.jpg

Tom Chambers
U4IKrn4.jpg

Having trouble making these out though

tToyj86.jpg
ABMEwKK.jpg
p9popHJ.jpg

Oh that last one is Felton spencer. Means it's got to be the '96 season.

And that first one is Adam keefe. Still clueless on the second though.

You have a ball from 94-95. The first in your "hard to make out" is Adam Keefe. The third is Felton Spencer. I'm not sure but I think the second picture is Terry Clark, aka TC, the assistant trainer.

My mom met Jerry Sloan at NPS one day. He was extremely nice to her and said he was just "junking around." She knew he was my idol, so she picked up a $2.50 snap back Jazz hat and had him sign it right on the bill.

"Michael,

Keep on truckin'. Best of luck!

Jerry Sloan"

This was about 10-15 years ago. It was an awesome surprise. God, I love that man.

I'm jealous, bros. Zero sports memorabilia to my name.

You have a ball from 94-95. The first in your "hard to make out" is Adam Keefe. The third is Felton Spencer. I'm not sure but I think the second picture is Terry Clark, aka TC, the assistant trainer.

Thanks for helping me figure that out! Now I can get righteously pissed at my parents for perpetuating that lie throughout my childhood.

My favorite Jerry interaction was 15+ years ago. The season before I had my picture taken with him. Jerry had a really goofy look on his face even for him. The next season I took it to him to sign, he looked at and laughed and then signed it over his own face.

Thanks for helping me figure that out! Now I can get righteously pissed at my parents for perpetuating that lie throughout my childhood.

You're just learning now that parents lie?
Did they also tell you that you were their favorite child?