What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Going thru some David Lynch stuff. Caught a replay of Dune, and Blue Velvet. It's unpopular but my favorite film of his is still definitely Mulholland Drive.

For all the flaws in Dune, and there's many, there is a Lynch-esque aura about it.. It's kinda ******* crazy.
Almost every Lynch fan I know puts Mulholland Drive at the top of their list; it's probably my favorite of his too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

Touch of Evil (1958) is still reeally damn good. The studio slash and burned most of Welles vision of the movie and reduced its run time by almost half. The scene at the end with all the mirrors is awesome. the very opening scene u have this long running camera shot thats AWESOME.

Btw, I hope you are actually watching these movies cuz they are great. To clarify, I think the mirror scene you are talking about is from Lady from Shanghai. The ending of Touch of Evil takes place at a boardwalk/pier area when Orson Welles character gets shot. That mirror scene is fantastic tho in the Lady from Shanghai.

Has anyone here seen the original "The Hills have eyes" from 1976??? directed by Wes Craven

Wtf, dude. Are you ****ing stalking me or some ****? I literally just watched it Monday morning. It was okay. 70's movies can be so bad. And yes, I know many great ones. But in general, the acting was just so bad. And some of the writing as well. But a solid horror flick nonetheless.

Btw, I hope you are actually watching these movies cuz they are great. To clarify, I think the mirror scene you are talking about is from Lady from Shanghai. The ending of Touch of Evil takes place at a boardwalk/pier area when Orson Welles character gets shot. That mirror scene is fantastic tho in the Lady from Shanghai.
"

Yeah I mixed them up. Watched them back to back.

Lady of from Shanghai is awesome. I like Rita Hayworth as a redhead tho.

Wtf, dude. Are you ****ing stalking me or some ****? I literally just watched it Monday morning. It was okay. 70's movies can be so bad. And yes, I know many great ones. But in general, the acting was just so bad. And some of the writing as well. But a solid horror flick nonetheless.

Yeah I can't recommend such a thing it had some potential a decent start but it spiraled into a world of **** and never recovered. acting and writing was brutal.

Almost every Lynch fan I know puts Mulholland Drive at the top of their list; it's probably my favorite of his too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

Mulholland Drive is the purest demonstration of what Lynch does. There's an element to that movie where it's like no stone has been left unturned. Mulholland Drive is something that will lead you into some foggy areas and dead ends when trying to tie together whats going on, and really the way its done is quite masterful. It's a hell of a movie.

Even the way some of the slowly dragging camera shots are done behind the diner, that is actually great framing for a horror shot..

Terminal Velocity (1994) - 4/10. I ejoyed parts of this movie. Charlie Sheen as an action hero. Parts of it are incredibly stupid. All in all, glad I saw it though. The Russian Spy is smoking. James Gandolfini and the actor famous for his role as Shooter McGavin(with bleach blond hair) are the villains. There's a few good sequences and this crazy airplane stunt thats really pretty cool.

Listen to Me Marlon(2015) is 10/10 material IMO. One of the best docs i've seen in 2018 for sure. It features tons of Marlon Brando's personal taped recordings.

I do believe those claims made by Quincy Jones and Richard Pryors widow that were in the news earlier this year, not that it means much, just saying...

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Fate of the Furious
Wonder Woman
Alien: Covenant
Cowboys v Aliens
Deadpool
X:Men-Apocalypse
Saving Private Ryan
Star Wars: Last Jedi
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Exotic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Justice League
Batman v Superman
Aliens 3
Predator 2

Lots of movies the past 2 weeks lol Lot of crap the last two weeks lol

I saw Ready Player One over the weekend. It's nearly as much fun as the book.

I just got back from "A Quiet Place."

Absolutely fantastic movie. John Krasinski directed and played the main role. It's a movie you've never seen before. I don't want to spoil anything but I can't get over the fact of how good it was. Highly recommend it!

I just got back from "A Quiet Place."

Absolutely fantastic movie. John Krasinski directed and played the main role. It's a movie you've never seen before. I don't want to spoil anything but I can't get over the fact of how good it was. Highly recommend it!

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Very simple, yet very on the edge of your seat. Ending wasn't mind blowing but it wasn't bad either, and it's so hard to end horror films. I really enjoyed it.

I also saw Unsane recently. Not as good as A Quiet Place, but still enjoyable. You really don't know what the heck is going on halfway through the movie, but in a good way.

Also, Annihilation. Solid movie. The monster in the movie is probably the scariest monster I've ever seen. Freaky stuff.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Very simple, yet very on the edge of your seat. Ending wasn't mind blowing but it wasn't bad either, and it's so hard to end horror films. I really enjoyed it.

I also saw Unsane recently. Not as good as A Quiet Place, but still enjoyable. You really don't know what the heck is going on halfway through the movie, but in a good way.

Also, Annihilation. Solid movie. The monster in the movie is probably the scariest monster I've ever seen. Freaky stuff.

I'll have to check out those other ones. Thanks

Looking forward to seeing a quiet place. Thanks for the heads up everyone