What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

herve.jpg

Watched this on HBO On Demand. Was pretty excited for this because outside of Game Thrones we don't really see Peter Dinklage show off his acting range. I've never seen Fantasy Island(was before my time), Dinklage himself described it as a 'mind f-er'. This really feels like a passion project for Dinklage and he delivers a excellent performance on a very interesting/complex character.Unfortunately outside of Dinklage's performance this movie doesn't have a whole lot going for itself. Part of the problem is it's very cliche and for parts of it I felt very bored. Jamie Dornan(who I didn't know but is apparently famous for the 50 shades movies) character didn't add a whole lot for me and has way too much screen time. Which is a shame because Dinklage does deliver some really funny and touching moments. Just wish is it was in a better movie.

Did you see 3 billboards?

I saw "A Star is Born" last night. Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga were really good. Very emotionally draining movie.

^
Saw that. I liked it. I'd give it a 8/10. Well acted (Elliott and Chapelle were my favorite characters), well directed. But it's a movie that's been done many times before. And I took slight issue with a couple of things, namely that they took a girl who became popular overnight and completely turned her into the type of singer she didn't want to be. That felt contrived. The industry's evolved. Not that that sort of thing doesn't still happen. But this didn't feel like the type of situation where it would, since it was a more mature woman under Cooper's guidance, and not some easily manipulatable young girl out on her own.

^
Saw that. I liked it. I'd give it a 8/10. Well acted (Elliott and Chapelle were my favorite characters), well directed. But it's a movie that's been done many times before. And I took slight issue with a couple of things, namely that they took a girl who became popular overnight and completely turned her into the type of singer she didn't want to be. That felt contrived. The industry's evolved. Not that that sort of thing doesn't still happen. But this didn't feel like the type of situation where it would, since it was a more mature woman under Cooper's guidance, and not some easily manipulatable young girl out on her own.

Maybe the industry has changed - I don't know enough about it to have an opinion. But in this particular case, she initially resisted but then seemed pretty comfortable with the choices later. That would seem to be a likely scenario, and not just in this industry. We often all go kicking and screaming into situations that don't fit our previous expectations, then either change our opinions or realize that we need to adapt to obtain our greater goals.

american-animals.jpg

This is one of those under the radar movies that really needs to be watched. The production is just top class. The editing, directing, acting, sound design, score all excellent. The transitions from scene to scene are done so well. This is a true story of a heist that uses the real people involved so it's part documentary/part movie and really merges the two really well. There is a scene where the actor in the movie is holding up a spoon and than it cuts to the actual guy he's playing re-enacting himself holding the spoon. There's little things like that throughout the movie that really make it great. It's just shot really well. I didn't know who the director was but I wasn't surprised to find out he directed the movie 'The Imposter', another great movie.

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching Hereditary. What a bizarre movie, still kind of processing it,it didnt go quite the way I was expecting. Lot of surprises which can be a good thing and everything is done well, Collette is a great actress, its just the story of it didnt quite grab me as I was expecting. Definitely got some chills during it so it is pretty unnerving. But it kind of let me with a wtf did I just watch feeling. Still not sure what was the point of some of the stuff. The ending is very twisted/odd.

Finally got around to watching Hereditary. What a bizarre movie, still kind of processing it,it didnt go quite the way I was expecting. Lot of surprises which can be a good thing and everything is done well, Collette is a great actress, its just the story of it didnt quite grab me as I was expecting. Definitely got some chills during it so it is pretty unnerving. But it kind of let me with a wtf did I just watch feeling. Still not sure what was the point of some of the stuff. The ending is very twisted/odd.
I liked it. That ending was insane. Spooky show. I also felt like wtf did i just watch.

Currently watching The Nun. It is horrible. Dont watch it. Im about 15 minutes away from finishing it. Wish i would have given up on it right when i knew it sucked which was quite early on.

I liked it. That ending was insane. Spooky show. I also felt like wtf did i just watch.

Currently watching The Nun. It is horrible. Dont watch it. Im about 15 minutes away from finishing it. Wish i would have given up on it right when i knew it sucked which was quite early on.
Have you guys seen The Witch? Watching Hereditary really reminded me of it, it's another fantastic horror film.

I agree about The Nun. I actually watched the Nun and Hereditary with the same group of people (coworkers) and they all liked The Nun better somehow. I guess because it was full of cheap jump scares and didnt ask much of the viewer.

Have you guys seen The Witch? Watching Hereditary really reminded me of it, it's another fantastic horror film.

I agree about The Nun. I actually watched the Nun and Hereditary with the same group of people (coworkers) and they all liked The Nun better somehow. I guess because it was full of cheap jump scares and didnt ask much of the viewer.

Ya i watched the witch and liked it. Problem was that the video quality was horrible on the format i watched it in. Couldnt get a full experience.

I know one I won’t be seeing.

Robin Hood.

By God, did multi-millionaire executives actually sit in on some meeting and decide to green light this? Better yet, who the hell was the genius of a casting agent who threw Jamie Foxx’s name into the ring for this heap of manure?

I just watched a movie called Blindspotting. Its the best movie I have seen in a long long time. I couldn't recommend it strongly enough.
Its an important movie and eye opening and powerful and emotional and much of the movie is very "heavy" (serious) yet its also funny and fun a lot of the time as well.
The ending is perfect and beautiful. The tension hits an extremely high peak and then the last few minutes bring it back home to a safer place. Both lead actors are amazing.

The soundtrack of the movie is straight fire. Not only the music in the background and what not but also the flow from the mouths of the 2 lead actors throughout the movie. The writing is fantastic.

Its a must watch. I would love for some of you to watch it and then post your thoughts in this thread.

I have heard that a lot. I can kind of see it but I had different reactions to both films. I prefer The Witch. The first half of Hereditary I was very intrigued, the big event happens and Im thinking OK, where do we go from here and in the end wasnt quite satisfied like the witch...but it is very unnerving , slow atmosphere building and some of the images stick with you like the witch so i can see the comparison.

Just watched 'A Quiet Place'. I can see the thought process for this type of movie and how they planned it, its such a simple yet effective idea but its almost like they didnt put enough thought into, i was entertained enough, but the more it went along the more i started noticing things and just had more and more questions. Its like you have to turn your brain off to really enjoy it. I did like it was short and to the point and the monsters were well done.

I just watched a movie called Blindspotting. Its the best movie I have seen in a long long time. I couldn't recommend it strongly enough.
Its an important movie and eye opening and powerful and emotional and much of the movie is very "heavy" (serious) yet its also funny and fun a lot of the time as well.
The ending is perfect and beautiful. The tension hits an extremely high peak and then the last few minutes bring it back home to a safer place. Both lead actors are amazing.

The soundtrack of the movie is straight fire. Not only the music in the background and what not but also the flow from the mouths of the 2 lead actors throughout the movie. The writing is fantastic.

Its a must watch. I would love for some of you to watch it and then post your thoughts in this thread.
Damn it, has no one watched this one yet? Come on dudes. Check it out. Its really good.

american-animals.jpg

This is one of those under the radar movies that really needs to be watched. The production is just top class. The editing, directing, acting, sound design, score all excellent. The transitions from scene to scene are done so well. This is a true story of a heist that uses the real people involved so it's part documentary/part movie and really merges the two really well. There is a scene where the actor in the movie is holding up a spoon and than it cuts to the actual guy he's playing re-enacting himself holding the spoon. There's little things like that throughout the movie that really make it great. It's just shot really well. I didn't know who the director was but I wasn't surprised to find out he directed the movie 'The Imposter', another great movie.
This movie was something else. The blending of fiction and non-fiction--I'm not sure I've ever seen something quite like it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app