What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I started re-reading this thread from the beginning. Got to page 22 or so. Gonna pick it back up later. Enjoyable. It’s too bad Dick isn’t round no more.

@VINYLONE

So I’m confounded why when I typed in the first three letters of his username, his handle didn’t pop up on my screen? @Jason? @colton?

It did when I just typed Jas and col for yours. Did he de-activate? Usually it says Banned or something else I thought if someone deactivates.

@VINYLONE

So I’m confounded why when I typed in the first three letters of his username, his handle didn’t pop up on my screen? @Jason? @colton?

It did when I just typed Jas and col for yours. Did he de-activate? Usually it says Banned or something else I thought if someone deactivates.
Happens to me as well but I don't know why. I think he's still a registered user, although obviously hasn't posted in quite a while.

Watched '1984'. RIP John Hurt. The ending is just devastating and probably is the best work of Hurt's career. What a great adaptation.

Last time I watched The Fall was almost 10 years ago. I loved it back then but because it's only %61 on Rottentomatoes, I thought it wouldn't hold up very well if I watched it again. Most of the reviews I read said the story was contrived or fractured, that it didn't make sense. I went into watching it convinced that I was overrating it because I watched it when I was 18. It's one of the few films I disagree with RT.

But, damn, the film is breathtakingly beautiful, every shot stands out and none of it is cgi. Lee Pace is terrific and Catinca Untaru is charming. The script is quite simple, and in no part does it feel broken. A paralyzed stunt-man, stuck in a hospital, tells a story to a 5 year old girl. The story changes as quickly as a 5 year old's imagination does. It's quite moving when she gets so invested in the story but I am sucker stories about storytelling.

May be I should have checked Roger Ebert first, he gave it 4/4.

Last time I watched The Fall was almost 10 years ago. I loved it back then but because it's only %61 on Rottentomatoes, I thought it wouldn't hold up very well if I watched it again. Most of the reviews I read said the story was contrived or fractured, that it didn't make sense. I went into watching it convinced that I was overrating it because I watched it when I was 18. It's one of the few films I disagree with RT.

But, damn, the film is breathtakingly beautiful, every shot stands out and none of it is cgi. Lee Pace is terrific and Catinca Untaru is charming. The script is quite simple, and in no part does it feel broken. A paralyzed stunt-man, stuck in a hospital, tells a story to a 5 year old girl. The story changes as quickly as a 5 year old's imagination does. It's quite moving when she gets so invested in the story but I am sucker stories about storytelling.

I have no idea why ppl look at RT. It’s the most idiotic way to rate a movie.

The Fall receives a 7.9 on IMDb.

The Wrong Missy. It was one of those dumb, over the top, you don't have to think much, Happy Madison-esque humor type movie. I actually laughed pretty hard at some parts.
The Missy character went from funny, to obnoxious, to funny again for me. The actress stole the show.
I'm not a huge David Spaid as an actor but love him as a person and some if his comedy. His IG is a good follow. I enjoyed Spaid's interview with Howard Stern last week. Lots of great info on how the movie came to be.

It's not a great movie but it made me laugh a few times. I was disappointed in Rob Snyder's character.

I give it a 3/10. That said, every now and then I like these types of movies. I liked the Ridiculous 6 and it got a zero RT score. Lol

Uncut Gems.

I've wanted to see this movie for 6 months now. I've heard a lot of good about it.

It's edited great, has a feel unlike any movie with the use of astral projection and binary music and floating through the galaxy and human body.

Sandler did a really good job. I would say he was great but his character became annoying and super unlikable.

The ending was great. It had me jump like it was from the Departed for a second.

I give it 7/10.

Watched Deadwood:The Movie. I liked it quite a bit, scratched that Western itch. They brought everyone back(despite being 10 years(!) later no one skips a beat). It was just good to see Al Swearengen again, it's been far too long. The lady who played Calamity Jane stole the show. I think fans should consider it a satisfying conclusion.
My gf's uncle is Dayton Callie and plays Charlie Utter in Deadwood. Lol

I have no idea why ppl look at RT. It’s the most idiotic way to rate a movie.

The Fall receives a 7.9 on IMDb.
I have found RT much better than IMDb. There are only a few films I disagree on with RT but that's bound to happen. User votes get kind of hectic at IMDb.

4 out 4? That's a weird scale

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Wrong Missy. It was one of those dumb, over the top, you don't have to think much, Happy Madison-esque humor type movie. I actually laughed pretty hard at some parts.
The Missy character went from funny, to obnoxious, to funny again for me. The actress stole the show.
I'm not a huge David Spaid as an actor but love him as a person and some if his comedy. His IG is a good follow. I enjoyed Spaid's interview with Howard Stern last week. Lots of great info on how the movie came to be.

It's not a great movie but it made me laugh a few times. I was disappointed in Rob Snyder's character.

I give it a 3/10. That said, every now and then I like these types of movies. I liked the Ridiculous 6 and it got a zero RT score. Lol

Uncut Gems.

I've wanted to see this movie for 6 months now. I've heard a lot of good about it.

It's edited great, has a feel unlike any movie with the use of astral projection and binary music and floating through the galaxy and human body.

Sandler did a really good job. I would say he was great but his character became annoying and super unlikable.

The ending was great. It had me jump like it was from the Departed for a second.

I give it 7/10.
Good review of uncut gems. I felt similar. I started to really dislike sandler's character. The ending was fantastic. Not a great movie but pretty good.

Hmm, I never questioned why that would be weird because I have seen it being used a lot.
Huh. I see scales that go to 5 or 10.
Like if you go to Amazon all of their items are 1,2,3,4, or 5 stars. Seems that way for most things.

I never see 6/6 ratings or anything either. Pretty much whatever out 5 or out of 10 (like imbd)

Huh. I see scales that go to 5 or 10.
Like if you go to Amazon all of their items are 1,2,3,4, or 5 stars. Seems that way for most things.

I never see 6/6 ratings or anything either. Pretty much whatever out 5 or out of 10 (like imbd)

It's mostly used by critics. RT uses fresh or rotten and gives out a percentage. 4 star rating is a little more fleshed out.

Roger Ebert is a legend, though and his reviews are so good to read.

It's mostly used by critics. RT uses fresh or rotten and gives out a percentage. 4 star rating is a little more fleshed out.

Roger Ebert is a legend, though and his reviews are so good to read.

I've seen pretty much every movie in Eberts Great Movies list and there's a lot, but now I wish there were more...