What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I haven't watched anything in a while but I did watch this yesterday:

Barfly (1987)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wWfgkqltY

Well, ****. It is NOW really high up there on my list of gems. I'll prolly watch it again. So many good ****ing lines throughout and Rourke was brilliant really. Typical Los Angeles movie too. Love the exterior shots throughout.

Song of the Sea

11181512_ori.jpg

Wonderfully done. Go watch it. With or without your kids.

And, wow, Big Hero 6, which I liked, won the Oscar over both The Tale of Princess Kaguya and Song of the Sea. I can't decide which one is better.

I've been wanting to see Song of the Sea... hopefully I can catch it soon :)

I finally watched "Drinking Buddies" after being told I should watch some Joe Swanberg movies.

Jake Johnson was absolutely the best part of a real movie. That feels weird to say.

I'm a bit of a geek so if it's a superhero movie I'm entertained.

Not ashamed to admit that here.

Yeah, that genre was cool..five years ago...now they've just been churned and burned hundreds of times and feel like all the same movie with medocre humor, special effects, and little to no substance.

The Visit was surprisingly good.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
Just watched that tonight. I thought it was meh. About I the level of the babadook

Both still way better than It Follows

I watched "The Walk" starring Joshep Gordon-Levitt, telling the true story of Phillippe Pettit, a high wire artist who walked the WTC Tower illegally and then became famous around the world. Y'all should watch it, it's rating on Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic are 5-stars!

Yeah, that genre was cool..five years ago...now they've just been churned and burned hundreds of times and feel like all the same movie with medocre humor, special effects, and little to no substance.

Yeah they need to dig depper into comics if they want to make something special.

Movie I would like to see
Transmetropolitan-I would describe it as Fear and loathing in Las Vegas mashed with The Fifth Element

TV Miniseries I would like to see

The Sandman- nonlinear, timeless, fantasy/horror/everyday life/adventure

I watched "The Walk" starring Joshep Gordon-Levitt, telling the true story of Phillippe Pettit, a high wire artist who walked the WTC Tower illegally and then became famous around the world. Y'all should watch it, it's rating on Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic are 5-stars!

The documentary "Man on Wire" on the same subject was great. I therefore have no interest in seeing this.

Yeah they need to dig depper into comics if they want to make something special.

Movie I would like to see
Transmetropolitan-I would describe it as Fear and loathing in Las Vegas mashed with The Fifth Element

Transmetro is truly great, although the resemblance between the smiler and John Edwards was a little creepy.

For my money: they should be doing Preacher as a film. The Maxx also seems heavily adaptable in a way that is not dependent upon current comic book film conventions.

Finally, it seems to me like Saga is the current book that is most obviously being written with the expectation that it will someday be a gigantic sci-fi film. And I'm going to go see it and probably the sequels.