What's new

What's wrong with SLC?

But once you get that **** out of your system, or you can handle the hour-flight to Vegas once in a while, you're gonna be just fine.

Well, that's the thing, dave, these guys are kids. It'll be a while before it's out of their system, though if they get married early and have kids early, like Williams, their perspective changes....usually for the better.

SL has a stigma that Jazz players are reminded of every time they play against their peers. It must get old, even if the place doesn't deserve it's reputation.

Sheer numbers game. New York is not any more interesting than Moscow, Tokyo, Bagkok, or any other big city that is supposedly homogeneous. Get enough people in SLC of any type and build the infrastructure that comes with that, and it would suddenly become a lot more exciting.

I think that's it really. Excitement level. Salt Lake's fine, the people are good, there just isn't anything over the top happening in the downtown area at this point.

There's a lot wrong with SLC...a whole hell of a lot. And for an urban, black kid, its the most misunderstood and foreign state in the Union.

There are less urban and less black states than Utah :), but yeah for a state with a NBA team it might be tops. Then again Memphis where I live is 66% African American, but nobody wants to play here either.

Sheer numbers game. New York is not any more interesting than Moscow, Tokyo, Bagkok, or any other big city that is supposedly homogeneous. Get enough people in SLC of any type and build the infrastructure that comes with that, and it would suddenly become a lot more exciting.

I think that's it really. Excitement level. Salt Lake's fine, the people are good, there just isn't anything over the top happening in the downtown area at this point.

So you want to "build" an NYC? Im guessing an organically grown city will always be better than whatever you put together. But you probably think Anaheim is a great city.

I don't think the Jazz will have problems landing free agents. We landed Boozer (who was considered a big free agent that year.. we almost landed Kenyon Martin but he went to Denver)

I always hear praises of SLC from NBA writers and national media everytime they come into town. I've seen a lot of "which nba city do you like visiting the best?" and it is almost always SLC or in the top 3.

It seems if you want to be a celebrity then go be a celebrity but blaming it on anything other than a greed for fame is silly. SLC is a great city. Has great restaurants and a decent night life. It is more diverse then it is given credit for.

So you want to "build" an NYC? Im guessing an organically grown city will always be better than whatever you put together. But you probably think Anaheim is a great city.

Disneyland kicks *** and you know it. And no, I meant none of that. Salt Lake's been growing a steady clip for awhile, I'm just saying don't be surprised if it is exciting all of the sudden due to population growth one day because there isn't anything inherently wrong with the place.

Dubai is actually pretty cool though. Isn't there loads of oil in the Rocky Mountains? Salt Lake - The Mormon Dubai. I'm calling it.

Disneyland kicks *** and you know it. And no, I meant none of that. Salt Lake's been growing a steady clip for awhile, I'm just saying don't be surprised if it is exciting all of the sudden due to population growth one day because there isn't anything inherently wrong with the place.

Dubai is actually pretty cool though. Isn't there loads of oil in the Rocky Mountains? Salt Lake - The Mormon Dubai. I'm calling it.

Wasatch Mountains, brew. Rocky mountains are for nuggets.

Would your average white male want to live in a place that is 90% populated by african americans?

Sure, why not? As long as it is an economically sound place. Nobody wants to live in Kinshasa, Congo. There are plenty of white dudes that would take a house on a Caribbean island full of black people, however.

Sure, why not? As long as it is an economically sound place. Nobody wants to live in Kinshasa, Congo. There are plenty of white dudes that would take a house on a Caribbean island full of black people, however.

A little intellectual honesty goes a long way my friend...

Keep on fooling yourself.

LA is nothing but a bunch of adjacent pockets of racially segregated districts.

https://projects.nytimes.com/census/2010/explorer

I see a lot of "90+%" in the capital of diversity.

Reality is much different than a graph Nicholas. Especially if you're traveling the city and "living life" which entails shopping, working, entertaining, etc., especially since LA is incredibly expansive. Is your argument that LA is not multi-cultural? And if it isn't what place is?

Enter 91601 where I live and 84101. Do you see a difference?

I'll always say that SLC in the summertime is totally underrated. Running around at 11pm with no shoes, and it's still 75 degrees, perfect for a night swim...
This. The problem is, young multimillionaires (and everyone else, for that matter) want to do this in the winter too.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.