What's new

What's your offseason dream for the Jazz?

Wooah. I’m not decided one way or the other but I was thinking some more like a package based around bogie would be more reasonable. Kong’s are pinched for money, bogey gives totem similar shooting and numbers while being locked in for 3 more years and plays at a position none of their young core guys play at (unlike their bogie/hield situation rn). The upside for us is that hield is 27 so he’s got more longevity and potential development still. This would all be contingent on us finding a new home for Conley or Conley accepting a role on the bench. Again, I’m not necessarily decided on this proposition but it’s a thoughts thread and here is my thought.

They’d want something more than Bogey I would think.

That said, Bogey is <3 years older than Hield. And has a nice size advantage. I don’t know.

Positionless basketball. Let his length bother the smaller guys on the perimeter, and if they get around him they can meet Wood and Gobert at the rim.

No threes. No layups.

It’s a really bad idea. Start Royce. Bring him off the bench.

Anyone care about Evan Fournier? Any thoughts on if he’d be a possible fit at SG (6’7”) in a sign and trade between him and Conley? Again, just trying to get some general thoughts out. General discussion is always insightful. I would picture our defense taking a hit, but then again 6’7” Fournier can’t possibly be any worse defensively than 6’0” Conley. I think it’d be a chemistry boost with Gobert, but don’t know if he’d necessarily move the needle for us. We could have our 1-3 guys each go off for 20 on any given night though. He can certainly hit the 3 at a high clip (essentially 41% on 7 attempts pg). He’s also 27, has a good health record, and with his height can shift to SF when we need. From my understanding, him and Gobert had quite the chemistry in the pick n roll during their time on team France. We’d also be that much closer to abandoning Quinn’s complex terminology and just full blown embracing French. (Maybe resign Diaw as our in house language instructor/ barista?)