What's new

What's your offseason dream for the Jazz?

Shad

I'm actually sold on Christian Wood. If we could land him, he could instantly be our pf that we desperately need.

Clarkson resigning would be number 2

Patch up Rudy and Donnie.

Trade Bogey and our 1st for John Collins who was supposedly on the outs. The Hawks value shooting so Bogey would help and getting that extra 1st (along with Hunter or whoever) may allow them to move up and get Wiseman.

Re-sign Clarkson.

See if you can move Conley.

Sign Udoh.

Sign someone solid with MLE.

1- Rudy Don repair
2- Wood
3- Keep Clarkson
4- Move Conley
5- If Conley move, pick up a decent backup point if no Mudiay or anyways.
6- backup C who has 3 range
7- permission to not follow rules with our roster

Hire Lopo as GM and have 43 crazy trades happening during the first week. Woj can't keep up with the roster changes. NBA 2k has to release daily updates.

And somehow we end up with a rotation of Jeremy Lin, Isaiah Thomas, Marquesse Chriss, Carmelo and Boban.

Last edited:
1. Trade Conley for either savings or some sort of asset if for even money.

2. Find out Gobert's intentions. If he is going to want a supermax, trade him. If he is unhappy and might leave regardless, trade him.

3. Keep Clarkson if the price is right.

Don't want to get into additions since the 3 things above are so much more pressing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy/Donovan and Christian Wood. That’s it. Sign some wing defenders off the scrap heap. Trade our draft pick for a sack of used condoms.

Everyone is being delusional if you think Conley is opting out (ESPECIALLY WITH WHAT THE NEW CAP IS GOING TO BE), which is the only way you are signing any UFA (like Wood) who cost more than the MLE (or w/e exception the Jazz have).

Last edited:
Realism:

Major Moves:
1. Clarkson re-signs in the 12-15 mill per year range for 3 years.
2. Jazz move their 1st rounder (it would have to be next year's I think due to rules) and Ed Davis for Jarrett Allen (I have no idea this is possible, but they benched the dude for DJ who is under contract for 3 more years after this one. I'd imagine they could get a better deal if they are shopping him. 2021 is the HS draft year tho so it projects as a valuable pick).
3. Sign Paul Millsap to the Non-Tax Payer MLE, 3 years 31 million.

Minor Moves:
1. Convert Brantley to a guaranteed deal
2. Keep JWF on the 2-way if he plays well in SL/TC
3. Waive Tucker
4. Guarantee Niang (sorry haters, career 40% 3pt shooters dont grow on trees)
5. Sign Morgan
6. Draft someone good (like pray to Allah that Tre Jones falls, which probably has 0% chance at happening)
7. Then all you got left is the bi-annual exception which is 3.8 milly to fill the last spot. I'm not putting too much brain power into who that would be.

Roster:
Conley/Draft Pick
Mitchell/Clarkson/Oni
Ingles/O'Neale
Bogey/Millsap/Niang/Brantley
Gobert/Allen/Morgan

*Also keep in mind this is going off old cap projections. I have no idea how much the new cap will hurt/help Utah*, but with the current cap projections these deals would put Utah right above the tax if they did use the bi-annual and Clarkson signs for anything over 13 mill this year.

Last edited:
Jazz would be absolute morons to do any kind of "future" based moves. No one in the NBA is that strong right now, this is their best chance. I'm not saying completely handicap yourself to where you **** yourself if you do fail (like trading away multiple future picks like the Nets, but they should be looking at trading one of them).

I win powerball?

Sort out a decent 4/5 off the bench. The return of D Favs would be awesome.

Patch up Rudy and Donnie.

Trade Bogey and our 1st for John Collins who was supposedly on the outs. The Hawks value shooting so Bogey would help and getting that extra 1st (along with Hunter or whoever) may allow them to move up and get Wiseman.

Re-sign Clarkson.

See if you can move Conley.

Sign Udoh.

Sign someone solid with MLE.
I doubt Bogey and a low end first would cut it for Collins, but a fella can dream

And you arent going to be able to trade Conley for any significant "savings" that would enable the Jazz to sign anyone they couldn't already sign. With the new cap no one is going to be able to just absorb his salary and it would be moronic to trade assets to make that happen when you are going to need his expiring deal in 2021 off-season to free up money.

Everyone is being delusional if you think Conley is opting out (ESPECIALLY WITH WHAT THE NEW CAP IS GOING TO BE), which is the only way you are signing any UFA (like Wood) who cost more than the MLE (or w/e exception the Jazz have).
Wood wasn’t expected to cost more than the MLE and sign and trades exist.

But yeah, Conley isn’t opting out.

Dream (not the same as reality):
1) Trade for Lonzo Ball (I think he is a perfect fit for both Mitchell and Rudy)
2) Trade for Aaron Gordon
3) Resign Clarkson

Starters: Ball, Mitchell, Bojan, Gordon, Rudy