What's new

When is Quin Snyder going to install an offense?

That is correct, in a sense.

This is far too lackadaisical. The NBA has moved toward less offensive scheming in favor of more Iso/pick. It works great when you have LeBron or Westbrook. Utah, under CQ, has moved even further away from any semblance of an offense. There is no scheme. They set up in basic formations only blow them up for pnrnpnrnp.

That'snot offense, it's hot trash as their league rankings have shown.

i'm basically agreeing with you, our offense is not good, while simultaneously pining for a star. Have Lillard envy from last night.

Oh Cy, don't say it out loud. Best way to have your worst fears come to fruition is to say it out loud.

Move along, Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Its happy funshine day in Jazzland and Quin is our happy song leader.

considering we don't have *that guy* who can break down defenses at will (Lillard for example), someone who causes massive collapses

Burks can and does break down defenses and cause them to collapse all the time. He is very good at that.
In the pre-season he was in the starting line-up and he lead the team in assists.
I think that when he is the "sparkplug" off the bench it encourages tunnel vision and ball hogging to a certain extent and his bench teammates are also not as good at socring anyway.

But he is nowhere near the shooter that lillard and mccollum are

Burks can and does break down defenses and cause them to collapse all the time. He is very good at that.
In the pre-season he was in the starting line-up and he lead the team in assists.
I think that when he is the "sparkplug" off the bench it encourages tunnel vision and ball hogging to a certain extent and his bench teammates are also not as good at socring anyway.

While i agree that he can absolutely beat his man 9 times of 10, it must be well known by now across the league that he is going head-first into the paint if he beats his man. Guys like lillard, lebron, paul, etc. are able to keep defenses guessing. That, and i agree that the 6th man role emphasizes the tunnel-vision.

This pnrnpnrnpnrnp, swing, swing, drive n dish college offense is trash. It creates way too many long two's. Threes are easily contested. There are few easy layups. It's easily the worst offense in the league. Somebody needs to pull CQ's buried head out of his *** with forceps and matching 12 inch episiotomies.

...you mean an offense different than the "put'em up....I got bounds" offense that about 80% of the league now runs?

Be patient guys, the installation is still in progress.

installing.png

You might want to start thinking about backing off the Burks love. I used to be right there with you. He looked like he had some nice potential, but he hasn't grown or changed much. He's pretty much one dimensional. His one skill is attacking the basket and throwing up a prayer that gets Bohlerjack to yell Houdini. It looks great sometimes, but he's gotta be able to do some other things. He's not a a good shooter or defender. He's not a point guard. He doesn't pass all that well. It's certainly not above average. He doesn't have great handles either. I know you think he's great at breaking down his man, but he's really not. His crossover is weak. He doesn't fake out his man that much. It's just juke once and dive towards the basket and throwing up a prayer.

He had potential, but I don't think he's realizing it. Not sure if he's going to either. We need more than just Houdini shots underneath the basket.

The problem is simple. The schedule has been tough. The point guard situation is off. Burke isn't a good fit on this team and neto should be a bench warmer.
Burke in my opinion needs to be traded and they need to get a 1 year vet to play out this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Slightly above league average offensive efficiency for the 4th youngest team in the NBA = Offense sucks.

Gotta love Jazzfanz.

Reading "defensive efficiency" caused me to go look up our current rates on O and D. D is good as expected, but O has lots of work, but what was amazing was to see the Warriors rates. 114 O and 92 D. That is so crazy. They're destroying.

https://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

As far as not giving Snyder credit for the D, I don't think that's fair. Yes Gobert and Favors are great defenders, but you could take away the credit for good D from any coach if you started looking at guys who are thought of as good defenders but aren't in a good defensive scheme.

Look at the Bulls and Noah. A former DPOY is now seeing lots of bench time after a coach who was known for his D is no longer there. I think its a combo of things causing this, but you gotta give Snyder credit for some of the success.

I am worried about the O though and I hope that we start to see better production or I might start to worry.

I just don't get our offense. We have a great defense, we don't have exceptional creators, we hardly have any decent shooters and we decide to play at a slow, grind it out pace? We have the players to run, but Snyder won't do it. Our pace is awful. And when we do get into transition, we suck at it! We're averaging 73 points per 100 possessions in transition play, scoring 39% of the time. That's awful, and inexcusable.

The problem is simple. The schedule has been tough. The point guard situation is off. Burke isn't a good fit on this team and neto should be a bench warmer.
Burke in my opinion needs to be traded and they need to get a 1 year vet to play out this year.

ROFL.

So now the Pistons, Sixers, Pacers, and Blazers is a tough schedule?

Okay.

I agree with this. Maybe trade for Jarrett Jack. Brooklyn could be looking to blow things up shortly.

Since its so late in the season and we dont have any time left to develop any more chemistry, I am worried also...oh wait...
The season just started people!!!! Rogers would say...R E L A X
Yeah, maybe a cause for a slight concern but hardly any reason for the sky is falling rhetoric...oh yes, this is Jazzfanz!!!

A 3 game eastern road trip. Then 3 days off to lose any momentum. Yeah not ideal.

Oh give me a ****ing break. Those are four ****ty teams. A tough schedule is against perennial playoff/title contenders, not four bottom feeders.

I'm listening to jeff van gundy on the radio right now (1280) and he just said that he loves quin Snyder and that he (jvg) is very close friends with tom thibadoeu and thibbs thinks that snyder is the absolute best and that he was blown away by how good of a coach quin was when thibbs spent some time with him.