What's new

When is Quin Snyder going to install an offense?

franklin

This pnrnpnrnpnrnp, swing, swing, drive n dish college offense is trash. It creates way too many long two's. Threes are easily contested. There are few easy layups. It's easily the worst offense in the league. Somebody needs to pull CQ's buried head out of his *** with forceps and matching 12 inch episiotomies.

Trade Trey Burke to New York for his sake. He would look brilliant in Jackson's triangle. Quin is destroying him.

Fire^99?????

This pnrnpnrnpnrnp, swing, swing, drive n dish college offense is trash. It creates way too many long two's. Threes are easily contested. There are few easy layups. It's easily the worst offense in the league. Somebody needs to pull CQ's buried head out of his *** with forceps and matching 12 inch episiotomies.

Trade Trey Burke to New York for his sake. He would look brilliant in Jackson's triangle. Quin is destroying him.

did you watch the 76ers game?? you think them dumping the ball to Okafor and waiting for a double-team is a better idea??

Fire^99?????

If he can't utilize and maximize the talent he has I don't see why not. Who on this roster is he not minimizing on offense? Favors is chronically underutilized. Burke is a train wreck. Hayward's sole role seems to be catch n drive garbage. There are scant few lobs to the longest guy in NBA history. He couldn't find a role for Jeremy Evans, something both his predecessors excelled at... I could go on and on. CQ's offense is hot trash.

New York isn't trading for Trey, they like Jerian Grant and Langston Galloway is 11/17 from 3 to start the year, and plays pesky defense.

did you watch the 76ers game?? you think them dumping the ball to Okafor and waiting for a double-team is a better idea??

so far Philly is scoring 88 points per game with Jahlil leading the offense, while being outscored by 14. Last season they averaged 92 and only got outscored by 9..

considering we don't have *that guy* who can break down defenses at will (Lillard for example), someone who causes massive collapses (basketball gravity as some have called it), we will have to live with the current offense because these picks are the only way we can get ANY space for anyone. Every defender stays glued to their man and rarely has to slide over to help.

considering we don't have *that guy* who can break down defenses at will (Lillard for example), someone who causes massive collapses (basketball gravity as some have called it), we will have to live with the current offense because these picks are the only way we can get ANY space for anyone. Every defender stays glued to their man and rarely has to slide over to help.

There's a helluva lot more to offense than Iso. Ask Gregg Popovich. Do the Spurs even Iso anymore now that Duncan is so old???

There's a helluva lot more to offense than Iso. Ask Gregg Popovich. Do the Spurs even Iso anymore now that Duncan is so old???

clearly there is more than iso, but there is also very few things more effective than letting great players make great things happen. Every team has an offensive scheme, but when things breakdown, or the defense reads things correctly and stops a play, you need that guy who has every defender's eye on him, and with every dribble draws the 2 nearest defenders closer to him. Right now, without that guy, or even the possibility of that guy, we are just running very basic plays, hoping the defense doesn't read it right (which by the looks of the games so far, there are going to be very few open looks).

clearly there is more than iso, but there is also very few things more effective than letting great players make great things happen.

That is correct, in a sense.

Every team has an offensive scheme, but when things breakdown, or the defense reads things correctly and stops a play, you need that guy who has every defender's eye on him, and with every dribble draws the 2 nearest defenders closer to him.

This is far too lackadaisical. The NBA has moved toward less offensive scheming in favor of more Iso/pick. It works great when you have LeBron or Westbrook. Utah, under CQ, has moved even further away from any semblance of an offense. There is no scheme. They set up in basic formations only blow them up for pnrnpnrnp.

That'snot offense, it's hot trash as their league rankings have shown.

This is kind of a question that has been resting in the back of my mind. I'm not ready to fully believe it yet, but is Quin possibly not a very good coach and just getting a lot of praise because he is "not Ty Corbin"?

Yes, he has coached a great defense. He is playing with a transcendent defensive player in Gobert and Derrick Favors who is also extremely talented defensively. Could any coach teach this team to be top 5 defensively"?

He has yet to elevate our offense beyond grabbing a lot of offensive rebounds. Other than that our group is under performing as an offensive unit. It's still early in the season, but if Quin doesnt get a semblance of offensive continuity going by the end of the year, I will be concerned. Wasn't Quin's problem at Missouri that he had some early success then stalled out?

Yeah, I don't know. Seems like the team has enough weapons to do better than THIS.

I agree, this offensive system sucks. I expected it to be more tailored to our players skillsets, especially after QS has now had a full season to make adjustments. I have not been impressed. Their version of the horns offense is very basic. The horns has a ton of wrinkles, but we only use a few.

If he can't utilize and maximize the talent he has I don't see why not. Who on this roster is he not minimizing on offense? Favors is chronically underutilized. Burke is a train wreck. Hayward's sole role seems to be catch n drive garbage. There are scant few lobs to the longest guy in NBA history. He couldn't find a role for Jeremy Evans, something both his predecessors excelled at... I could go on and on. CQ's offense is hot trash.

Simply because our offense seems ****ty right now doesn't mean Quin sucks and should be fired you turd. Far from it. Dude has brought leadership, a vision and a defensive identity to this team. Right now, we miss Exum, Hayward sucks (and is hurt imo), Favors has the flu, and we have little depth. None of that is his fault. A year from now, Exum will be back, Lyles will have developed and we'll hopefully have one more legit big, as we wreck the Western Conference. So settle the **** down and get on board the Quin Train.

Simply because our offense seems ****ty right now doesn't mean Quin sucks and should be fired you turd. Far from it. Dude has brought leadership, a vision and a defensive identity to this team. Right now, we miss Exum, Hayward sucks (and is hurt imo), Favors has the flu, and we have little depth. None of that is his fault. A year from now, Exum will be back, Lyles will have developed and we'll hopefully have one more legit big, as we wreck the Western Conference. So settle the **** down and get on board the Quin Train.

Are you snorting sheets from all that hard Snyder D suckin?