What's new

When is Quin Snyder going to install an offense?

I would like to see this line up some time before I die;

Exum
Burks
Hood
Hayward
Gobert

I know, I know..

Looks pretty awesome really

Actually, I remember an opposing coach saying something about how simple the offense was: you knew what was coming (PNR to Malone), but you just couldn't stop it.

They were simple sets that worked beautifully when run correctly. It takes good coaching to get it right.

I've been watching a ton of film lately and the Jazz look like they're playing pretty well running Gobert with the small lineup (or Jerebko) out of an initial HORNS setup that can either progress or turn into 50 motion. Having JoeJ, Jerebko, or Ingles play the 2nd post man is really putting pressure on other teams to guard the 3 and is opening up the paint. They seem to be starting to read together as a group too.

Also, Gobert-Favors 40 into a sort of H-L seemed to work well enough early on.

I've been watching a ton of film lately and the Jazz look like they're playing pretty well running Gobert with the small lineup (or Jerebko) out of an initial HORNS setup that can either progress or turn into 50 motion. Having JoeJ, Jerebko, or Ingles play the 2nd post man is really putting pressure on other teams to guard the 3 and is opening up the paint. They seem to be starting to read together as a group too.

Also, Gobert-Favors 40 into a sort of H-L seemed to work well enough early on.

The Horns PNR play with the 4 flaring out is the bread and butter of this offense. Seem to always look for that first, usually can get a corner 3 with a decent roll/penetration.

The Horns PNR play with the 4 flaring out is the bread and butter of this offense. Seem to always look for that first, usually can get a corner 3 with a decent roll/penetration.

Do you have any hope left for something like Hawk Action working with Rudy and Favors?

Exum ran this if I remember right.

It's a hard motion offense to recognize. I saw the reverse triangle option of it during the vs. GSW game. It can be ran with Ingles. I've been watching for the typical version of it but haven't seen anything the last few games. Motion is tough to recognize if you don't study it and play it or coach it all damn day long.

can't believe quin's offense is only getting 120 points a game things need to change smh

That's mainly because it's less of Quin's offense and more of Rubio's offense lately. It was exactly the same with Thibodeau in Minnesota last year (and the year before with Sam Mitchell, and even earlier than that during the Adelman days). Rubio is spending less time waiting on the corners, watching Ingles run pnr or the offense stall with endless handoffs, and he's now bringing the ball up more often and having the ball in his hands much more time thus giving him a better chance at picking up the pace and directing the offense, which is exactly what you want from a PG who's great at playmaking and well below average playing off the ball. It's taken some time, but it seems like things are finally on the right path offensively. Now let's hope they don't go back to the old ways as soon as the team inevitably loses a couple of games.