What's new

When will the media give Millsap a fair shake

oldtimer

Millsap has outplayed Griffin, Love and every other power forward and yet he gets no publicity as an allstar. Millsap has better stats, better defense and more heart than all these other power forwards that ESPN pimps all day long. Millsap made Giffin and Love look average and yet nothing from the talking heads. Wake up your missing something special in Utah.

No. He may get a story here or there but he will be mostly ignored.

Why would you want this? Media attention is bad, and an ASG is even worse. Especially this season where I really don't want any of our players missing out on the precious off time the All-Star break will offer.

He is not a flashy dunker like Griffin or a stat whore like Love, so don't expect him to ever get much attention. I have seen enough of him to want to keep him on the Jazz forever though, regardless of price.

Millsap will get national media love when he earns it. He's working on that right now.

Didn't anyone listen to the national media games on TNT? Sap got plenty love from the ex-Memphis coach, but he is still no young Griffin. Some of you are acting like you wouldn't trade Sap for Griffin straight up.

Jon Barry gave a decent shout out to milsap on Friday during the Kia NBA pre-game show!
Wilbon agreed with him and Magic kinda laughed it off!

When the jazz are moved out of mormon town and into a big city and the name is changed, then you will see players on this team get some love.

I love this team, but that is the truth.

Did anyone catch the complete joke of coverage on the jazz clipps game. It was a bunch of clipper highlights and oh yeah the jazz won. Like always, that is how it goes.

I was thinking the same thing. Here a lot of us have been saying that Millsap is not good enough to be the starting PF on a championship team, and he has outplayed every top PF head-to-head in the league this year, though I think he probably will have trouble with Aldridge because of his length. And this year, like the previous years, he has continued to get better. In a couple / three years, he may be at Karl Malone level if he keeps improving like this.

Millsap will get national media love when he earns it. He's working on that right now.

Didn't anyone listen to the national media games on TNT? Sap got plenty love from the ex-Memphis coach, but he is still no young Griffin. Some of you are acting like you wouldn't trade Sap for Griffin straight up.

i wouldn't. i honestly don't see griffin as much more than a highlight reel.

Why does he need love from Espn? Who cares, I like it this way. Next years development, shoot 10 foul shots a game. And continue to creat off the dribble.

Why does he need love from Espn? Who cares, I like it this way. Next years development, shoot 10 foul shots a game. And continue to creat off the dribble.

Its a negative because the players like the attention. They want to get noticed and be on espn. So it can make players not like playing here

Its a negative because the players like the attention. They want to get noticed and be on espn. So it can make players not like playing here
Meh. I'd rather have players on the team that care about winning over getting personal attention.

I doubt Paul plays the game for attention but everyone likes a little recognition for working hard and playing well. ESPN simply ignores the Jazz most of the time, nevertheless it is still annoying as hell. TNT and NBATV treat the Jazz much better but they still are not great about it.

I'm starting to think some of you guys don't get it. I dont care that ESPN hates the Jazz. I care that ESPN picks allstars and olympic team members by only showing coverage of players and teams they want to promote. Millsap makes Griffin his b**ch and the only highlight from the game is Griffin blocking a shot. People are sheep, they watch ESPN and think this player is great because he dunks well. I'd take Millsap and the way he is playing this year over Griffin. Griffin also gets a chance to play on the olympic team and Millsap can't get a tryout. Its not so much about recognition its about opportunity. ESPN is denying Millsap an opportunity because they wont give him any love.

Why would you want this? Media attention is bad, and an ASG is even worse. Especially this season where I really don't want any of our players missing out on the precious off time the All-Star break will offer.

This. I really hope none of our guys make it and it pisses them off and we finish the season on a rampage and take out even more frustrations in the playoffs.