What's new

when will we hear news of Kanter ?

You are wrong on this one gvc.
There's certainly room for disagreement. I'm just trying to have an open mind, considering all possibilities before reaching a conclusion. I realize the average poster on this board has little patience for dissenting opinions, but whatever. Y'all will win eventually, and I'll leave. Have fun with the ignorant group-think.

When he does, his minutes and role will increase.

Wrong
No way does marvin lose his starting job no matter what kanter does.

Corbin <3 vets

Unless you want him on the floor BECAUSE he makes the team significantly worse.

A nice bonus for sure but I have not seen kanter start with trey burke much yet so I won't claim to know what the result would be

If your goal as coach is to pile up wins in regular season and nothing else then what Corbin is doing makes sense but confirms he is probably not the brightest guy out there.
However, if the goal is to figure out what we have in our young players, how they fit and develop them then what's been done to Kanter is beyond stupid.

Is it 2012-2013 again?

I don't watch much games due to the time difference with the U.K (England) and prefer to stay a lurker. Just wanted to say that Kanter does seem lethargic this season which you can pin to various reasons which have been cited in this thread, However it is very amusing to see people going from one extreme to another regarding the so called "Cored 5" and tend to forget these are young players (who will have their up's and down's) with a poor bench and inconsistent veterans who should have limited minutes in a season which the Jazz are trying to "evaluate their talent". I agree that Kanter does have a low BBIQ however you can also blame the coach for his poor play as he should give his players better instructions as these are type of players that excel with good coaches. Also if you look at Kanter he tends to look at the bench way too much this season and it seems like he was ordered not to go for specific rebounds in the paint when sharing the court with Favors as he sometimes hesitates and looks to the coach instead of going for the rebound.

If your goal as coach is to pile up wins in regular season and nothing else then what Corbin is doing makes sense but confirms he is probably not the brightest guy out there.
However, if the goal is to figure out what we have in our young players, how they fit and develop them then what's been done to Kanter is beyond stupid.

Okay. So what is every coaches goal? Isn't winning what they get paid to do?

Look I'm not saying that Corbin is doing it right or wrong. But what I understood DL say was the goal was to develop a Defensive foundation and see what we have so we can build on it. Right now Kanter is not ready to play as a starter defensively. So put him out there against guys that are second unit guys to see if he can do it against lesser players while hopefully getting his confidence back dominating them offensively.

At this point in the season I have no problem with Kanter coming off the bench. It worked for Gordon last year. He struggled out of the gate. Moved to the bench and got his grove back and after the All Star break was back as a starter and playing great. I'm looking for the same thing from Kanter. If the bench and lower playing time last until the end of the season though I might be right with you.

Wrong
No way does marvin lose his starting job no matter what kanter does.

Corbin <3 vets

I disagree with this. Corbin has already said that Kanter and Favors would start together at times depending on matchups. If Kanter can pull his head out and start playing like he did last year I think he well be back starting most of the time after the All Star break

A nice bonus for sure but I have not seen kanter start with trey burke much yet so I won't claim to know what the result would be

In the times that Kanter has played with Burke, Burks, Hayward, and Marvin there offensive rating was over 110. One of the top 3 5 man teams the Jazz have. Defensively the were not good though. Kanter has to have a better understanding defensively.

Also if you look at Kanter he tends to look at the bench way too much this season and it seems like he was ordered not to go for specific rebounds in the paint when sharing the court with Favors as he sometimes hesitates and looks to the coach instead of going for the rebound.

Yes I noticed the same thing...he looks often the bench, expecially before to begin the offensive action...it is a sign of insecurity.

Kanter has to play carefree!

I don't watch much games due to the time difference with the U.K (England) and prefer to stay a lurker. Just wanted to say that Kanter does seem lethargic this season which you can pin to various reasons which have been cited in this thread, However it is very amusing to see people going from one extreme to another regarding the so called "Cored 5" and tend to forget these are young players (who will have their up's and down's) with a poor bench and inconsistent veterans who should have limited minutes in a season which the Jazz are trying to "evaluate their talent". I agree that Kanter does have a low BBIQ however you can also blame the coach for his poor play as he should give his players better instructions as these are type of players that excel with good coaches. Also if you look at Kanter he tends to look at the bench way too much this season and it seems like he was ordered not to go for specific rebounds in the paint when sharing the court with Favors as he sometimes hesitates and looks to the coach instead of going for the rebound.

Nice post. Lurk less.

Of course, he only cares about his job. It seems he don't have a guaranteed contract extension with the Jazz...so he don't have reasons to tank and develop young players.

My God! I've never thought of him being with bad intentions against the Jazz deep inside. Then again, this season, his impression looks slightly different than the previous years. He looks, well, un-caring.

I mean, you should still care about the development of your young players, even though you know you will be sacked probably, it's the ethical right attitude. But he looks as if he does not give a blossom.