What's new

Where Boozer will end up according to ESPN...

Where does Boozer land this off-season? NOT what you necessarily want Boozer to do.

• Utah

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Miami

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Chicago

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • New York

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Detroit

• Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
To Calijazz:

I agree, but in an opposite way. If Utah gets what they feel is a future great big man, they need to do everything they can to keep Boozer to protect him. Let the rookie come in behind Boozer, play 10-15 mins, get his feet wet then expand his role. As the years go by, rookie big guy peaks while Boozer is good, and then as Boozer fades, rookie big guy takes over and becomes a superstar and we win multiple titles.

If the Jazz take a guard, let Boozer walk, become Phoenix light, run a ton, and hope Deron likes it enough to stick around when his contract is up, because without better big guys, Utah isn't going anywhere but the 3-7 seed, with or without Boozer.

To Calijazz:

I agree, but in an opposite way. If Utah gets what they feel is a future great big man, they need to do everything they can to keep Boozer to protect him. Let the rookie come in behind Boozer, play 10-15 mins, get his feet wet then expand his role. As the years go by, rookie big guy peaks while Boozer is good, and then as Boozer fades, rookie big guy takes over and becomes a superstar and we win multiple titles.

If the Jazz take a guard, let Boozer walk, become Phoenix light, run a ton, and hope Deron likes it enough to stick around when his contract is up, because without better big guys, Utah isn't going anywhere but the 3-7 seed, with or without Boozer.

I can see how you think that's what should happen, (this was more of a discussion regarding what will happen, rather than what should) but I don't there's a realistic chance of those scenarios playing out. If the Jazz were to take a big, considering the investment they made in Millsap last offseason, it's just unrealistic to think they wouldn't free up time for their top 10 pick and Millsap to play by letting Boozer walk. And as far as becoming Phoenix light, that may be fun to watch, that kind of unstructured system will never be run under Sloan. He will always value half-court execution and making the extra pass over a run-and-gun kind of style. That's why I think they'll either draft a big or re-sign Boozer.

I can see how you think that's what should happen, (this was more of a discussion regarding what will happen, rather than what should) but I don't there's a realistic chance of those scenarios playing out. If the Jazz were to take a big, considering the investment they made in Millsap last offseason, it's just unrealistic to think they wouldn't free up time for their top 10 pick and Millsap to play by letting Boozer walk. And as far as becoming Phoenix light, that may be fun to watch, that kind of unstructured system will never be run under Sloan. He will always value half-court execution and making the extra pass over a run-and-gun kind of style. That's why I think they'll either draft a big or re-sign Boozer.

I completely agree with you on all counts. I hope you're wrong, but we'll see. As far as PHX light, the Jazz would probably has as much success as PHX. Like I said before, if that is the way they choose to go, I just hope that is good enough for Deron to want to stick around. :(