What's new

Where Do You Live? Inside Utah or Outside? (poll)

Where do you live?

• In Utah

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • In near proximity to Utah (broadcast area)

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Outside Utah but in the USA

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • Outside the USA

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Used to live in Portland, but recently relocated to Philadelphia.
portlandriotblm1_hdv.jpg

to the city of brotherly love

Just like the Jefferson's, you comin' on up.

portlandriotblm1_hdv.jpg

to the city of brotherly love

Just like the Jefferson's, you comin' on up.

Can’t really argue about any of that. To be transparent, I live in the suburbs west of Philly (west of west Philly). Philly has some pretty awesome, historic, beautiful areas, full of culture and diversity.

But good god there are some blights on the city, pockets of crime, and true feelings of “lawlessness” I haven’t experienced anywhere else I’ve lived.

Love how many international members there are here!

I live in Sandy, Utah. Grew up in a suburb of Detroit. Was a Pistons fan. Spent a year in Gunnison, Colorado for school then transfered to the U of U in 1988. Became a Jazz fan in the spring of 1988 when the Jazz played the Lakers tough in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Gold Coast , Australia

Started to follow the Jazz around 1988 , mum had bought me a hat which just happened to be Utah Jazz , got the PC game in 89 , “ Lakers v Celtics , and played as the Jazz

Early 90s we got game of the week over here which featured Utah a few Saturday’s in a row , I was hooked .

Haven’t got to Utah yet after all these years , NBA league pass helps .
Lakers vs Celtics was my intro to the Jazz as well. Always played as the Jazz, so Utah it was.

Born in Korea. Moved to Provo and went to high school there. My very first jazz game was deron william's first game. He made a half court shot lol

Moved to san diego for school and lived/worked there for 10 years. I moved back to Korea for a new job in 2018. It's perfect timing for jazz to tank since i can't watch all the games haha Will probably move back to US at some point

Sent from my SM-G977N using JazzFanz mobile app

Born in Idaho,family moved to Utah when I was 2. I have lived in Sandy, Utah most of my life. Been a fan since the ABA Utah Stars days. Started collecting basketball cards in the ‘90’s and have a lot of older Jazz cards, but stopped because it was getting too expensive. Spent a bonus on a late ‘80’s team signed basketball which I keep in a case. Anyone else collect Jazz cards or memorabilia?

Happy to hear about fellow fans from around the world.

Born in Turkey, grown up in Germany, now back in Turkey for the last 40 years.

I' been a Jazz fan since the early 90'ties, 'Mailman delivers' in Turkish(Postacı adrese teslim ediyor) was so catchy, I was immediately a fan.

Never been to USA, but I would really like to visit SLC to watch a Jazz game live, and hopefully meet a bunch of you guys in person.

Born in Idaho,family moved to Utah when I was 2. I have lived in Sandy, Utah most of my life. Been a fan since the ABA Utah Stars days. Started collecting basketball cards in the ‘90’s and have a lot of older Jazz cards, but stopped because it was getting too expensive. Spent a bonus on a late ‘80’s team signed basketball which I keep in a case. Anyone else collect Jazz cards or memorabilia?
My dad has Utah Stars warmups and a mini-ball signed from the late 80's jazz team as well. I did the same thing collected cards through the 90's and stopped because I got addicted to it because of Ebay and it got costly. Most of these cards arent worth much now, but I do have a Malone jersey card that is worth a bit. I have thought about heading over to Target and buying some packs just for that feeling once again.

My dad has Utah Stars warmups and a mini-ball signed from the late 80's jazz team as well. I did the same thing collected cards through the 90's and stopped because I got addicted to it because of Ebay and it got costly. Most of these cards arent worth much now, but I do have a Malone jersey card that is worth a bit. I have thought about heading over to Target and buying some packs just for that feeling once again.
Don't do it. Think of your friends and family!

Born in New Jersey, I moved to Utah at 4yo due to parents separation. I grew up in SLC, then Sandy, where I first became cognizant of the Jazz in the mid-80s. One of my friends brought me to a couple of games because his brother-in-law was NBA basketball player Clint Richardson. I became hooked in 86-87 when the young guys, Bailey, Stockton and Malone really started gelling. The 87-88 playoffs were a real thrill.

Since those early days, I graduated from the U, lived in Taiwan for a stretch in the 90s, moved to Cali for grad school in 99, moved back to Utah in 08, then moved to Seattle in 20 (about a month before Covid hit, ugh). I've seen the ups and downs of this scrappy little NBA franchise and still hang on to the dream that one day they might win it all. I'm 51 now, so there's still hope, right?

Another from Melbourne, Australia. Fan since the 90s. Haven't been to Utah yet, I keep stopping at Vegas for some reason. Was really close to going during that Houston playoff series but didn't and it's a big regret now.
Watch out for @Rubashov , he has been known to do things with goats.