What's new

Which five-man combo would you rather see at the end of a game?

Choose your favorite 5-man combo of the two listed below

• Conley, DM, Joe, Bojan, Gobert

• DM, Joe, Bojan, Favors, Gobert

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mitchell / Ingles / Hughes / Bojan / Gobert
I'm bullish on Hughes as a legit shooter/scorer with enough size to check wings.

Well I hate both so

I guess just remove my vote altogether.
There are matchups I think the Favs and Rudy combo will be helpful with. There aren’t a ton but sometimes.

The other lineup seems to have a ton of creation, shooting, and ball handling but I always kept hoping for some Spurs beautiful game magic with the Mike, DM, Ingles lineups and it never felt like the whole equaled the sum of its parts.

If you put your 5 best players on the floor to finish the game, that could be:

Mitchell, Clarkson, Ingles, Bogdanovic, Gobert

I don't think Clarkson was better than Conley last season, but this season he might pass him. Also 6'5" vs 6'1" could make a difference on both ends.

If you put your 5 best players on the floor to finish the game, that could be:

Mitchell, Clarkson, Ingles, Bogdanovic, Gobert

I don't think Clarkson was better than Conley last season, but this season he might pass him. Also 6'5" vs 6'1" could make a difference on both ends.
Cool off-topic comment. You haven’t voted

Well, the combo I would like to see was not a voting option. This seems to happen to me everywhere.
This isn’t about what you want. Or about what I want. Or about what’s ideal for the jazz. This is ****ing obvious and has been mentioned repeatedly. Christ!

This isn’t about what you want. Or about what I want. Or about what’s ideal for the jazz. This is ****ing obvious and has been mentioned repeatedly. Christ!
Yes but what if the lineup I like isn’t listed?

This might be backwards. Conley's numbers came out a little okay-ish because he did alright in the bubble, but Conley had a disastrous season. I have a hard time thinking he could have a worse season this year than he did last. Clarkson was pretty good last season.

There are matchups I think the Favs and Rudy combo will be helpful with. There aren’t a ton but sometimes.

The other lineup seems to have a ton of creation, shooting, and ball handling but I always kept hoping for some Spurs beautiful game magic with the Mike, DM, Ingles lineups and it never felt like the whole equaled the sum of its parts.
I don't disagree that Favors could play some 4, but any lineup that slots Joe or Bojan as the nominal 2 gets a puke emoji from me. That lineup is lumbering as a mother-****er.

And lineup 1 doesn't work. Not enough touches to go around.

People love to bag on Royce but he kinda makes everything work since we have so many people that want to handle the ball and/or score, while having no one else that is athletic enough, big enough, and skilled enough to matchup with the NBA's most dangerous scorers. Royce isn't even a great option for any one thing, but he's the best we got as a jack-of-all-trades guy that is our best perimeter defender by default.

I don't disagree that Favors could play some 4, but any lineup that slots Joe or Bojan as the nominal 2 gets a puke emoji from me. That lineup is lumbering as a mother-****er.

And lineup 1 doesn't work. Not enough touches to go around.

Dumb people love to bag on Royce but he kinda makes everything work since we have so many people that want to handle the ball and/or score, while having no one else that is athletic enough, big enough, and skilled enough to matchup with the NBA's most dangerous scorers. Royce isn't even a great option for any one thing, but he's the best we got as a jack-of-all-trades guy that is our best perimeter defender by default.
Fify

Royce has to finish game. For me he’s above Bogey, Ingles, Conley, Favors, and Clarkson in this context.

I’d love to have another option for Royce that does some of the same things, but we don’t have that guy. His rebounding+defense is too valuable and he’s one of the few who won’t complain if he doesn’t get touches.

Royce has to finish game. For me he’s above Bogey, Ingles, Conley, Favors, and Clarkson in this context.

I’d love to have another option for Royce that does some of the same things, but we don’t have that guy. His rebounding+defense is too valuable and he’s one of the few who won’t complain if he doesn’t get touches.
Closing lineup should be Don/Royce/Joe/Bojan/Rudy and anything else is just silly. If we find some other data points and a miracle lineup that is better in the course of the season, that's great, but that's not data we have right now and I simply do not see it happening. It is the only lineup we have that is solvent in every phase of the game and it's why it was arguably the BEST lineup in the entire league last regular season.

The only lineup Favors should be playing 4 is one where 1-3 have at least two competent off-the-dribble scorers, at least two good distributors. and sufficient athleticism to guard the perimeter (even if it comes at the expense of size). That lineup shouldn't close, and the bigs shouldn't expect much coming their way except what they eat off the glass.

Conley
Mitchell
Joe or Bojan
Favors
Gobert

But I would try to use that in the second trimester of quarters, not starting or closing.