Which point guard should we DRAFT?

• Black with #9 pick

• Cason with #9 pick

• Keynote with #16 pick

• Bufkin with #16 pick

• Hood-shchifino with #16 pick

• No point guard, draft wings with #9 and #16

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's so crazy how being bad can boost an opinion. Black's shooting numbers are not that different from GG. GG's numbers probably a little better because of more volume, but ultimately not a crazy difference given how volatile shooting is. It is a clear weakness for Black because he is actually good at other things. Some people are even burying Black for his shooting to the point where they won't draft him because of it. If GG was one of the best defenders/passers in the draft like Black no one would call shooting a strength of his. The only reason it's a strength and not a question mark is bc he's not just bad, but awful at the other things.

The difference in the way people see these two's shooting is not the actual shooting, it's being bad/good at everything else.

I agree with literally every word you typed.

I'm okay with Cason Wallace if the Jazz want to go that route. The argument would be that he has special toughness, competitiveness and tenacity that sets the tone for everyone else and creates the culture the Jazz want. I'm not seeing All Star potential, but the intangibles may make him a valuable enough part of the team as a collective. Yeah, I wish he were bigger. A Trent Forrest who can actually shoot would be a really nice player.

Last edited:
Hendricks at #9 and Bufkin at #16 would be lit.

It's early, but it's sounding like ORL is serious about Hendricks at #6. They want wings who can shoot and who don't need to dominate the ball (since they have Fultz, Wagner and Paolo who need it). Indiana allegedly wants whomever is left among Whitmore, Hendricks and Walker. Those three players could go 5, 6 and 7, respectively.

Toronto may have interest in Bufkin at #13. They may be prepared to lose FVV this offseason, and they need an on-ball guard regardless. Toronto is also a GG team though, so that could push Bufkin back. However, I think ATL would then take Bufkin at #15.

If the Jazz are jonesing to draft a guard, they should take Cason Wallace or Keyonte George at #9. Otherwise, Hood-Schifino at #16 would be a realistic possibility.

Last edited:
IMO, at #9, the Jazz are looking at one of: Walker, Ausar, Wallace, Dick, George.

IMO, at #16, the Jazz are looking at one of: JHS, GG, Bufkin, Bilal.

It's early, but it's sounding like ORL is serious about Hendricks at #6. They want wings who can shoot and who don't need to dominate the ball (since they have Fultz, Wagner and Paolo who need it). Indiana allegedly wants whomever is left among Whitmore, Hendricks and Walker. Those three players could go 5, 6 and 7, respectively.

Toronto may have interest in Bufkin at #13. They may be prepared to lose FVV this offseason, and they need an on-ball guard regardless. Toronto is also a GG team though, so that could push Bufkin back. However, I think ATL would then take Bufkin at #15.

If the Jazz are jonesing to draft a guard, they should take Cason Wallace or Keyonte George at #9. Otherwise, Hood-Schifino at #16 would be a realistic possibility.
If I have to get a PG, I go to the scrap heap before burning a pick on JHS. Big point guards that can’t shoot the 3, defend, finish, get to the rim, or get to the line… actually that’s garbage regardless of position.

What does he do well besides shoot the dumbest shot in basketball and have “feel”? Take size out of it because he sucks at the stuff size should help with.

If I have to get a PG, I go to the scrap heap before burning a pick on JHS. Big point guards that can’t shoot the 3, defend, finish, get to the rim, or get to the line… actually that’s garbage regardless of position.

What does he do well besides shoot the dumbest shot in basketball and have “feel”? Take size out of it because he sucks at the stuff size should help with.

I don't disagree with you. I don't think he's elite. I think he's going to look like Malcom Brogdon, solid enough, but not a game-changer. But I think he's on the board at #16.

You cant really take size out the equation because that size is what's going to allow him to unlock those parts of his game in time. If you buy into a prospects best games being an indicator of their upside, then there is a lot to like about JHS because his best games really trump anything Cason/Black/Bufkin did.

If the Jazz are jonesing to draft a guard, they should take Cason Wallace or Keyonte George at #9. Otherwise, Hood-Schifino at #16 would be a realistic possibility
Yeah but if what you said all happens then Keyonte at #16 is a real possibility also right?

Let’s say we take GG at #9

Then: Black, Wallace, Bufkin, Keyonte could be available from #10.

That’s 4 players between #10 - #15, or 5 picks.

I’m comfortable taking that risk.

It would have to be an amazing streak to have 4 teams take 4 point guards in a row to miss out on a point guard at #16.