Which point guard should we DRAFT?

• Black with #9 pick

• Cason with #9 pick

• Keynote with #16 pick

• Bufkin with #16 pick

• Hood-shchifino with #16 pick

• No point guard, draft wings with #9 and #16

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meh. Not quality. But this draft isn’t exactly loaded with can’t miss PG talent either. The only one that moves the needle for me at where we’re picking is the Michigan guy. But if there are some better athletes available, I’d suggest we look at them.

PG honestly has become one of the easiest positions to replace along with centers. Marcus Smart sorta plays PG for Boston (but they also do it by sharing the rock with Tatum and Brown) and can anyone even name Miami’s PG? Joker is Denver’s PG. The lakers have a trio of guys playing PG, Reeves, Dlo, and James.

If we score big with a Paul George like wing in this draft or a Bridges like guard, we can probably get by with the PGs we already have.
Yeah that’s why I’m proposing we draft a wing at #9. Been saying it for a while now.

Then if at #16 we can’t get a PG we’re confident in, then by all means grab the BPA.

Kobe Bufkin looks more athletic to me than George. So I think he’d be the better comparison to Murray. I think George looks like Eric Gordon or Steve Urkel to me, good athlete with great range.
Yeah but the shooting off the dribble and scorer mentality.

Kobe Bufkin looks more athletic to me than George. So I think he’d be the better comparison to Murray. I think George looks like Eric Gordon or Steve Urkel to me, good athlete with great range.

Bufkin has a bit of De'Aaron Fox to him, just without the turbo boost. I think Bufkin is going to be able to beat defenders and get to the rim, or create space for his jumper.

Keyonte has some resemblance to Jamal Murray and Brad Beal.

I think Bufkin is more likely to score 30 pts in a game than Cason Wallace. If you're choosing Wallace, you're choosing his defense, his competitive demeanor and his toughness, which you think will rub off on everyone else on the team.

I think Bufkin is more likely to score 30 pts in a game than Cason Wallace. If you're choosing Wallace, you're choosing his defense, his competitive demeanor and his toughness, which you think will rub off on everyone else on the team.
Yeah but we already have Hardy for that.

The case for Cason is if you think he can have a special impact ala Conley (and other more "traditional" modern point guards) where he makes everyone better on both ends regardless of individual stats.

The issue with drafting a PG though is that they typically take the longest time to develop, but the hope with Cason is that he is versatile enough offensively as a spot up threat and advanced enough (for a rookie) defensively that you can get him on the floor with any guard combination so he has time to grow into the role organically

2023 is the strongest PG class in recent memory.

Amen/Scoot/Wallace/Black/Bufkin/Ausar/JHS

7 potential PGs (depending on if the team drafting wants to develop Ausar/Bufkin into those roles) who could go lottery.

Then add in more combo-y guards who could develop into PG and are first round likely like George, NSJ, Sasser and Podziemski.

So it seems pretty likely the Jazz come away with at least one guy who could believably develop into the PGOTF

2023 is the strongest PG class in recent memory.

Amen/Scoot/Wallace/Black/Bufkin/Ausar/JHS

7 potential PGs (depending on if the team drafting wants to develop Ausar/Bufkin into those roles) who could go lottery.

Then add in more combo-y guards who could develop into PG and are first round likely like George, NSJ, Sasser and Podziemski.

So it seems pretty likely the Jazz come away with at least one guy who could believably develop into the PGOTF
You left out Keyonte.

Yeah, I just think he is bit more on the SG side of things compared to the others so I didn't include him as a lottery PG, but he could go lottery and he could be a PG
BTW you haven’t voted.

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

Would be interesting to look back in a years time to see who got this right.

BTW you haven’t voted.

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

Would be interesting to look back in a years time to see who got this right.
If I had no real inside info about what other teams wanted to do I would probably take GG and Whitehead at 9/16 and take someone like Podziemski or Hood Schifino at 28 (if they are available). If they aren't there I consider NSJ and if I decided against him I take Klintman