What's new

Whiteside is as dumb as a rock

dwill#1

Listen to his interview! Not only is he a huge long term project but is just not that smart at all

Last edited:
I have seen chimps and even stoopid-*** pigeons who can be trained to put a ball through a hoop. What's da prob?

I don't think you can go that far based on his interviews. I know some people that are a lot smarter than most that would have similar trouble in that situation. Maybe the NBA should get a wonderlic of their own as part of the drafting process?

The kid comes from a small college and high school and has never had this kind of pressure on him. He's obviously not media-trained either, so give him a break.

Ummm Dwill, you obviously never listened to a Karl Malone interview.

You also never listened to a John Amachi interview.

Who was the better player?

I could care less how the kid interviews as long as he can play.

Your right but the Mail Man was funny but Whiteside is not the next Malone, not even close. I bet he is going to be the next Thabeet, Hasheem can still turn out to be good but right now he is a complete bust

Your right but the Mail Man was funny but Whiteside is not the next Malone, not even close. I bet he is going to be the next Thabeet, Hasheem can still turn out to be good but right now he is a complete bust

How do you know what Whiteside is or isn't going to be? Greg Oden was going to be the next big thing. Yet Portland would give anything right now to be able to trade him away for the #48 draft pick that same year. Or the #35 (big Baby) or the #31 (Carl Landry).

Darko was supposed to be amazing. Yet has sucked. In fact, several 2nd rounders from the 2003 draft have proven to be better players than Darko. But people like you already had their minds made up and believed that they could tell the future.

Millsap, Boozer, Memo, and Wesley Matthews (wasn't even drafted) weren't supposed to amount to anything, yet they have.

My point is, don't put too much stock in these interviews. Especially if the kid is showing emotion. I would much rather see that he actually cares than to have him brush off the bad workout and go hit the bar with his thugs ala Ben Rothesburger.

Lets test him, lets watch film on him, but even then, none of us truly knows what this kid will or will not turn out to be.

The only reason Dwight Howard did not go to college was because he didn't have the test scores to go to UNC.

KG is probably the dumbest **** on the planet.

TOo bad those guys are busts.

Damn, I didn't know all you had to do was conduct an interview to be a star player in the league. I'm going to start practicing my draft interview I will recieve by Stewart "one eye" Scott for next year, my pre and post game interviews after I miss the NBDL game winning shot right now, in front of my mirror. Hopefully by then I can become more than a cliche of Magic Johnson or a Rasheed Wallace when it comes to shooting a damn good interview, so I can make millions in the National Basketball Association and average 20 points per game, because if my interviews are good then I for DAMN SURE know I'm going to be a good player in this league. The talking gets me past my piss poor jumpshot, and below average athleticism.

Hassan Whiteside is a joke. Learn how to cut an interview before you even plan on getting through the second round of the NBA Draft, hack. Dwill#1 thank you for opening my eyes to such an intriguing sermon.

Me and a homey wuz arguin one time about who could hoop mo betta. Finally, he sez: I can kick your sorry ***. I sez: I'm mo smarta than you homeboy.

Then we each proved our points. He kicked my ***, and I showed I wuz smart enuff not to argue with him no mo. We git along great now. He even trusts me with his money, the stoopid-*** chump.

He answered with some very strange responses. I'm just a little surprised he cant do a little better during the interview and just made me scratch my head, is this kid really ready for the big moment? BTW, they do factor interview's into their decision if you haven't taken notice

He answered with some very strange responses. I'm just a little surprised he cant do a little better during the interview and just made me scratch my head, is this kid really ready for the big moment? BTW, they do factor interview's into their decision if you haven't taken notice
I didn't find the answers to be all that strange. The kid was clearly nervous and disappointed after what he believed to be his WORST workout. With his family's financial situation, I'm sure he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders. He probably knows that each 5 spots he drops (or moves up) is worth $500K/yr. That's a lot of pressure to handle at his age.

Look, this kid is not the most educated or polished in the world, but he did alright in the interview. What's wrong with saying he didn't think he did that good, is unsure how hard the transition is going to be until he actually gets there, but he just wants to work? He also said he's been working on his offensive moves and realizes blocked shots separate him from everryone else because everyone wanst to score but not everybody wants to play defense.

The way the media is treating Whiteside, you'd expect him to be a bit dejected and defensive. The kid could be a more skilled version of Jermaine O'Neal and yet he gets ripped on for going to Marshall and showing up to be measured as the tallest guy in the draft in flip flops. Who cares...

Listen to the Aminu interview and tell me how that's all that coherent. Greg Aldrich spoke about Greg Ostertag with mild admiration. To me that's scarier than anything Whiteside said.

After watching it a couple more times he seemed like he was really nervous but still his answers were way too short and didn't prove or really tell anything much about him. I'd much rather have udoh, Henry, Aminu, Sanders, George or even Babitt or Monroe

Me and a homey wuz arguin one time about who could hoop mo betta. Finally, he sez: I can kick your sorry ***. I sez: I'm mo smarta than you homeboy.

Then we each proved our points. He kicked my ***, and I showed I wuz smart enuff not to argue with him no mo. We git along great now. He even trusts me with his money, the stoopid-*** chump.
Your smarter than your friend? What is your friend? A rock?

The problem with the interview isn't how stupid he sounds, it's how overwhelmed he seems by the workout. It's totally unscientific, but he looks like a dude who is finding out painfully how much more skilled NBA caliber big men are. That doesn't mean he doesn't have talent or might not develop. It probably means he's playing against guys with technique, fundamentals, experience, and size where he's realizing he's a lot farther from ready than he thought.