What's new

Who do you see falling off?

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
We are smoking hot at the moment and over the last 20 games or so. It would stand to reason that eventually we'll cool down. Who of our guys do you see falling off of their current level of play? By how much? Will anyone's level rise over the next 20?

I could see Lauri take a bit of a dip just because he's playing at such a high level right now. I do think Collin will take a steeper fall eventually. He's shooting 55% FG and 45% 3PFG in January. Just hard to see him keeping those up and when he hits a slump I think it'll be pretty jarring to our success.

Sexton will definitely cool off. I don't think anyone else is really playing over their head at an unsustainable level.

The only two playing out of their mind are Lauri and Sexton, and I don't see either falling off.
Also I think JC, Keyonte and KO all have potential to step up offensively from what they average rn.

JC is a better shooter than his numbers indicate, and I believe Keyonte will also at some point get comfortable with the NBA 3P range and improve his percentages.

KO is shooting great but his volumes are rn at career lows as he is more focused on being a point god. He can absolutely start knocking down shots at any game if we need him to.

I could see Lauri take a bit of a dip just because he's playing at such a high level right now.
If anything I see Lauri only being better. He's constantly discovering new things he can do successfully. He's putting these numbers up also while sitting whole 4th quarters.

Tec and Dunn could go from starters to almost unplayable.

And Keyonte is a rookie and playing this amount of games for the first time and his scoring often seems quite hard. I could see him having some 1/13 games.

I dont think Sexton and Collins can continue with the current efficiency.

I think both are efficient players but this is absurd.

I think Clarkson hasn't had a stinker in a while and will have a bunch of stinkers during the rest of the season.

Lauri really is this good though.

Good news is that there are guys who I think can and will play better than they are/have during the streak. I think Simone will play better (he has been in a bit of a slump in think) I think KO can still play better. I think keyonte has tons of upside to attain. I think kessler can play better. I think Ochai can play better.

So while it's unlikely that sexton and Collins continue to shoot like they have lately, I think that others can and will improve their play.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Injuries are likely to have the biggest potential for a setback. Sexton plays so damn hard and fast I can't imagine him getting away with staying healthy all year. We're bound to have others as well, though hopefully not.
I'm really hoping at some point Kessler gets some mojo back and plays a bit better on the offensive end. His inside presence has been huge on d, he just needs more confidence.

The biggest thing is teams scouting what the Jazz are doing.

Still think teams will eventually do hack a Kessler in situations where it makes sense
I keep expecting it to happen every game.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The biggest thing is teams scouting what the Jazz are doing.

Still think teams will eventually do hack a Kessler in situations where it makes sense
I don't see that happening unless it is later in the game. I wouldn't mind it though because I'd love to see Kessler get more work from the free throw line to hopefully build confidence.

Lauri no Sexton maybe just a little but i don't see a big drop off other than his 3 pt % coming back to 40 % or so ?? Collins eh he doesn't seem to be doing anything crazy TEc no Dunn no JC can always go through a rough patch that means his chucking is detrimental.

Overall maybe a very slight dip from Collin is most likely Obviously we won't keep winning like this but if we do come back to earth a bit i don't think it'll be some massive fall Injuries prob the only thing that will do that

If anything I see Lauri only being better. He's constantly discovering new things he can do successfully. He's putting these numbers up also while sitting whole 4th quarters.

Tec and Dunn could go from starters to almost unplayable.

And Keyonte is a rookie and playing this amount of games for the first time and his scoring often seems quite hard. I could see him having some 1/13 games.

I don't see Keyonte going 1-13 because if he's having that bad of a night he'll adjust to attacking the paint and drawing fouls. I think he's smart like that and he's not afraid. But I agree he'll probably have some tough shooting nights.

I'm pretty sure Jazzfanz will have a few more unwarranted meltdowns about something silly and extreme. I'd check in after our next loss and probably minutes after the trade deadline passes.