What's new

Who do you think the Jazz will Draft?

Wolverine Newby

This is not who you want them to draft. This is a see if you can predict who they will draft thread. It will be fun to see who guess right.

I think they will draft Luke Babbitt. What say you?

Davis

I am assuming Monroe, Favors, Cousins, Wall, Turner, and Johnson are gone. I don't think the Jazz are as interested in Aminu as other teams are or that Aldrich, George, Henry, or Hayward are in the top 9 on The Jazz's draft board. It will be whomever is left of Davis, Udoh, or Babbitt.

Last edited:
Davis

I am assuming Monroe, Favors, Cousins, Wall, Turner, and Johnson is gone. I don't think the Jazz are as interesting in Aminu as other teams are or that Aldrich, George, Henry, or Hayward are in the top 9 on The Jazz's draft board. It will be whomever is left of Davis, Udoh, or Babbitt.
Good thinking.

I'm hoping Udoh is still there. But I haven't seen much of Davis, so maybe he had a great workout. I just like Udoh's rebounding and shot-blocking. I'd rather see the Jazz draft George over Babbitt. Call me racist, but a white kid from a small school doesn't get me excited. Unless Babbitt is Larry Bird reincarnated, no thanks. OK, I know Stockton was from Gonzaga, but that's different.

I think the Jazz have their board set as Udoh, Davis, Babbitt.

Going back to the video -- was it Monty Williams that was guarding Udoh?? Udoh needs to get much stronger if Monty managed to push him around like that...

Babbitt is the target at this point. The Memphis pick has been dangled as trade bait with GS to secure Monroe, but they aren't interested in adding more picks.

Jazz will sit tight and select Babbitt barring any unforseen events.

The Jazz will use this draft as an opportunity to get a talent that they can't get from their current roster, through feasible trades or through free agency.

I think they tricked everyone and they'll take Paul George. They need a starting-caliber SG, and Miles is really a SF. Henry is a possibility, but doesn't seem to have the same crunch-time, I-can-create upside.

If they wake up and realize 'Oh sh**, we don't have a center, they might panic and take Aldrich, but I think they would probably pick up a defensive big later in the draft or through free agency. The Jazz have always picked up players like Greg Foster, Adam Keefe, Antoine Carr and turned them into rotation players.

If they are confident they are not going to renew with AK, they might take Babbit, but I don't think he's really a difference maker. I wish he were Paul Pierce, but I doubt it, unless he develops more moves than just a jab-step. He needs to be able to post and slash at his size. Despite his athleticism, he seems a step slow in games. I think he's a slightly better prospect than Aminu though.

If they actually took Whiteside, it would surprise me a bit, but not shock me. I think he adds something the Jazz don't have in a long pick-and-pop PF/C who can play some defense, so he could swing as a back-up to either position and draw a double team in the post. He needs to add strength and learn some moves in the post, but he's no more raw than Ed Davis.

I think Monroe is probably in the top 6 on their board, but it won't be easy to get him. I think the Jazz's board looks like this:

1 Wall
2 Cousins
3 Turner
4 Favors
5 Johnson
6 Monroe
7 George
8 Whiteside/Davis
9 Davis/Whiteside
10 Babbit/Henry

So, there you have it: The top 6 players on the Jazz's board will be gone, and the Jazz will take Paul George.

Last edited: