Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Cody Williams

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Kyle Filipowski

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Anyone remember how bad Trey Burke was? We might’ve had two rookies just as bad or worse. In Filip and Williams.

I only remember seeing Williams make one 20ft jump shot and no 3’s. Then there’s Filipowski who I don’t think made a single jump shot and one basket in 3 games.

Damn thee, your cup is not only half empty it has a hole in the bottom and holds sour milk. Who cares about SL?
Let's see how they do after working with the team and some legitimate practice.

Trey Burke.

He was seen as the missing piece to a young contender, coming of a stellar college career, that they traded up to get. And he came in and SUCKED.

Williams has been viewed as developmental all along. And Flip is a 2nd rounder . . .

Also, I thought Bazley was really really good. I looked up his stats and was surprised to see it was only his 2nd summer league experience since entering the NBA.

I've always been a Lofton believer, but I would probably put Bazley ahead of Lofton if I had to make a decision to cut one or the other. Bazley is honestly just a semi-consistent corner 3 from being a legitimate rotation player.

Everyone showed something promising. Not really down on anyone too much. I doubt all 6 of them are going to be future key role players for the Jazz, but I think they should be at least a 50% success rate.
This ^^^

Some of these guys are getting traded down the road and other guys are going to be brought in to replace them. Jazz need talent. Everyone has shown flashes, but now they need to build NBA bodies, develop consistency and perform when given real opportunities. That’s how you decide who stays and who goes. If the Jazz can find a rotational player from each of these last two drafts to go with Lauri (unless and until he’s traded), Kessler and whoever they draft, sign and/or trade for in the future, then the process is a success. If you get better than that, it’s a nice bonus.

8 players. You only need 8 rock solid guys for a legitimate playoff rotation. DA is going to churn the roster until he finds them.

If Flip hits some of those threes, I think.he has a relatively decent(not great) Summer League to this point.

Also, I thought Bazley was really really good. I looked up his stats and was surprised to see it was only his 2nd summer league experience since entering the NBA.

I've always been a Lofton believer, but I would probably put Bazley ahead of Lofton if I had to make a decision to cut one or the other. Bazley is honestly just a semi-consistent corner 3 from being a legitimate rotation player.
Honestly I’d keep them both. I think they’ll both play hard and they both pretty clearly have some NBA skills

bingo

Last edited:
Overall I'd say the rookies showcased their strengths/weaknesses as expected. I think the weaknesses were especially loud Cody/Flip. I was fairly neutral on Cody, but hated how ghostly he was. I was high on Flip, but I think his weaknesses + nervousness very much overshadowed his good moments. Collier looked really good IMO. He wasn't perfect and some of his weaknesses were on full display, but I'm definitely more encouraged.

I'm not going to pass judgement after a few summer league games but it is deflating to have them play so bad. What is really going to hurt is if Buzelis looks good in Vegas and Williams continues to struggle.

Back