What's new

Who should the Jazz draft at #30?

Choose up to 3 players you'd like the Jazz to draft at #30, assuming they're available.

• Joel Ayayi

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Vrenz Bleijenberg

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Jared Butler

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Josh Christopher

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Ayo Dosunmu

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Nah'Shon Hyland

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Trey Murphy III

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Josh Primo

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Roko Prkacin

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • JT Thor

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, there are so many guys at 30 who I’d love getting. Springer looks awesome, Ayo (flawed and a project but I love the upside), Primo, Christopher (I recognize the pure penetrating ability @Saint Cy of JFC, and a handful of others. This draft is going to go down as a top five NBA Draft ever imo.
Name 2 or 3 you wouldn't be thrilled with, who might be expected to go later than 30, and I'll show you the Jazz's draft pool.

this guy said this draft is going to go down as a top 2 or 3 draft ever? hahha Wes mantooth u aint seen nothing yet... the next few years will produce better...

2023 will dwarf this years draft for certain...

Joe Ingles is a UFA next summer and Royce has 3 years left on a declining scale contract...

Its hard to imagine they could pass on Josh Primo....

I personally would love to see how it'd play out if they took Juhan Bergarin

he doesnt seem to get much mention here he'd help shore up the defense

would be a way safer pick than Vranz

the picture of Terence Mann dropping near 40 on the Jazz is still seared in my mind..

is it recency bias?

when i look at contracts like ingles and royce n their ages, i cant help but think they want a SF...

What about Trey Murphy? He seems to be a player who could step right in... hit his 3's n perform solidly on defense.

He might b well out of Utah's range.

Strannngeee things begin to happen tho in these drafts WELL before Utah picks.. and its gonna be more of that this year...

the best answer to this threads title could very well b the player projected the highest who falls in their laps...

Maybe not, but in your scenario, that Rookie isn’t playing because he doesn’t give us the best chance to win. If our Rookie ends up being someone that gives is the best chance to win, he will play.

I think a Duarte or Murphy stands a good chance to play immediately next year over whatever minimum guys we bring in. There’s not a chance in hell Quin doesn’t play a rookie just to keep a one-year minimum guy happy if the rookie gives us a better chance to win.

But Quin will play whatever guys give us the best chance to win. If that’s the minimum guys we sign, then absolutely they will play over the rookie.

I think the narrative that Quin “doesn’t play rookies” is a silly one. There’s not a single example of a rookie player anyone can look back on in hindsight and say “Quin really should have been playing that guy more.” If you wanted to say Quin prioritizes winning over player development, then yeah, that’s absolutely true (but again true that we’ve really not had anything in the cupboard worth developing). And if you’re trying to contend, that’s how it should be.

If the Trib article from last month is to be believed the beef between Quin and DL was basically about that. DL said “play my young guys,” and Quin said “get me some young guys I can actually play.” And Quin is right. DL has not, other than Mitchell and Allen, given Quin any young players worth playing.
Like how Corbin didn't play Rudy in his rookie season then Quin came in and made him the 3 times DPOY.

But sure, Dante Exum, Trey Burke, Bolomboy, Trey Lyles and Tony Bradley would've definitely become all-stars if it wasn't for Quin holding them back.

What about Trey Murphy? He seems to be a player who could step right in... hit his 3's n perform solidly on defense.

He might b well out of Utah's range.
We'd jump on the opportunity if he fell all the way down to #30, but it's unlikely for it to happen.