Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Brantley

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Niang plays 48 a night

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
Quin!
That's who needs to step up.

Kings suck and are missing their best player. Jazz need this win. Let's see what kind of coaching job quin can do

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I have felt a lot this year that quin just isn't a winning coach. Maybe in private he's more forceful, but I think he doesn't portray the toughness he needs from his team as much as he should. I think Sloan got a lot more from underachieving players because he was by example what he needed his team to be. I think quin is too soft. After games with ****** effort he needs to get on his team more, during the games he needs more moments like the game when he yelled "wake up" or when he slammed the clipboard on the chair. But when his team is obviously playing soft and not putting forth the effort he just says "well you know I guess they tried". Seems that he doesn't reflect what the team needs to be and do. I wish he showed more fire. Maybe his team would if he did.

If I thought D Will was in any kind of playing shape I'd take a flyer, even just a 10-day.

I have felt a lot this year that quin just isn't a winning coach. Maybe in private he's more forceful, but I think he doesn't portray the toughness he needs from his team as much as he should. I think Sloan got a lot more from underachieving players because he was by example what he needed his team to be. I think quin is too soft. After games with ****** effort he needs to get on his team more, during the games he needs more moments like the game when he yelled "wake up" or when he slammed the clipboard on the chair. But when his team is obviously playing soft and not putting forth the effort he just says "well you know I guess they tried". Seems that he doesn't reflect what the team needs to be and do. I wish he showed more fire. Maybe his team would if he did.
There’s airspace between us on this one. I really like it when executive leadership (or, in this case, coaches) are unflappable in public settings.

There’s airspace between us on this one. I really like it when executive leadership (or, in this case, coaches) are unflappable in public settings.
Unflappable in public sure, like at press conferences, ok. But you don't see any fire on the bench either. He gets no techs, just as an example. You better believe it pushes players to see their coach passionate like that. And frankly I wouldn't mind seeing him be brutally honest in press conferences too. Nothing wrong with the occasional "jackpotting" comment if it's the truth. No reason he can't say "yeah we just didn't show up. The 2nd quarter we lost control and looked like we didn't want to win." But he seems to coddle a lot. Again, just what we see, but some more visible fire from the coach would go a long way imo.

Unflappable in public sure, like at press conferences, ok. But you don't see any fire on the bench either. He gets no techs, just as an example. You better believe it pushes players to see their coach passionate like that. And frankly I wouldn't mind seeing him be brutally honest in press conferences too. Nothing wrong with the occasional "jackpotting" comment if it's the truth. No reason he can't say "yeah we just didn't show up. The 2nd quarter we lost control and looked like we didn't want to win." But he seems to coddle a lot. Again, just what we see, but some more visible fire from the coach would go a long way imo.
He could be a little more Popovich, I guess. I would like to see a strategic tech every now and then. I’m guessing he might have that in the bag for the playoffs.

I would like to see him really get after the refs every now and again. I think he’s got the fire... I think our guys play hard... I think our guys are pros so when we lose they are already accountable. I’m not sure some of the things suggested are necessary.

The issue is we don’t have much athleticism or toughness on the perimeter. I just think it’s more a player thing than a coaching thing. Like PJ Tucker wasn’t a big ole softy until he had a coach lay into him. We’ve lacked a physical disruptive perimeter player for a while. We also have lacked an *******... a guy like Jae, a Morri, Beverly, etc. that is just gonna go start a fight when needed.

The Minny wings are big, athletic, and physical... it was a pretty big difference in speed, strength, and size. All of the best Quin Snyder speeches won’t change that.

I would like to see him really get after the refs every now and again. I think he’s got the fire... I think our guys play hard... I think our guys are pros so when we lose they are already accountable. I’m not sure some of the things suggested are necessary.

The issue is we don’t have much athleticism or toughness on the perimeter. I just think it’s more a player thing than a coaching thing. Like PJ Tucker wasn’t a big ole softy until he had a coach lay into him. We’ve lacked a physical disruptive perimeter player for a while. We also have lacked an *******... a guy like Jae, a Morri, Beverly, etc. that is just gonna go start a fight when needed.

The Minny wings are big, athletic, and physical... it was a pretty big difference in speed, strength, and size. All of the best Quin Snyder speeches won’t change that.
I disagree we lost to Minny because we were outmatched. We lost due to lackadaisical play and not making shots. As soon as we went cold we stopped competing instead of fighting through and we didn't find our fight until it was too late. Snyder needs to be able to light a fire in those circumstances and get his team competing again.

I disagree we lost to Minny because we were outmatched. We lost due to lackadaisical play and not making shots. As soon as we went cold we stopped competing instead of fighting through and we didn't find our fight until it was too late. Snyder needs to be able to light a fire in those circumstances and get his team competing again.
How where they lackadaisical? The defense showed up. The Jazz held Minnesota below their scoring average and this was with Minnesota being at full strength with D'Lo. They just didnt make shots. I didnt see them failing to compete. Both games they showed a ton of resolve to fight back in the 4th quarter and make it a tight possession game.

I think we lost because we missed a lot of shots and we couldn't get clean looks inside because they collapsed on Rudy and our perimeter guys couldn't get separation from their wings.

Their wings are physical, big and athletic. Even Ricky is big. McDaniels, Okogie, Edwards, Vanderbilt are all big, athletic and physical. We still win if we shoot well or average, but we have won games we didn't shoot well. We played hard but were physically outmatched.

I think we lost because we missed a lot of shots and we couldn't get clean looks inside because they collapsed on Rudy and our perimeter guys couldn't get separation from their wings.

Their wings are physical, big and athletic. Even Ricky is big. McDaniels, Okogie, Edwards, Vanderbilt are all big, athletic and physical. We still win if we shoot well or average, but we have won games we didn't shoot well. We played hard but were physically outmatched.
The TWolves had no room for RHJ. That is a pretty big and physical team.

Loved Forrest's body language and presence on the court last night. You can tell he's not just a player - there's definitely stuff going on behind the eyeballs with this guy.

It was cool to see Forrest actually take some 3's and make one. He's a really good player, he just has to make himself a threat on the court and he seemed more confident in doing that vs the Kings.

Also, I kind of believe in Matt Thomas now. I think once he really learns where his shots in the offense come from, we will see him be a much more dangerous player. Him getting open is always going to be an issue, but that's an issue for all the players in his archetype, even guys like JJ. He just has to learn to make the tightly contested shots to where he can use that threat to break down defenses and help the offense in ways that arent just make/miss.

I'm also relatively optimistic on Brantley.

I'm really starting to consider selling my Oni stock though. The dude just doesnt have "It" on offense in the slightest. For a guy that has so many tools, he just doesnt have the ability to put it together. It seems like the game moves faster than he can process when he has the ball in his hands.

Also selling my Morgan stock. Just not an impactful enough player on either end. Too small and not aggressive enough to be a guy who puts his imprint on the game. Not a good enough shooter to play on the perimeter. Not enough ball-handling to be a playmaker.

Last edited:
Also, I kind of believe in Matt Thomas now. I think once he really learns where his shots in the offense come from, we will see him be a much more dangerous player. Him getting open is always going to be an issue, but that's an issue for all the players in his archetype, even guys like JJ. He just has to learn to make the tightly contested shots to where he can use that threat to break down defenses and help the offense in ways that arent just make/miss.

I'm also relatively optimistic on Brantley.

I'm really starting to consider selling my Oni stock though. The dude just doesnt have "It" on offense in the slightest. For a guy that has so many tools, he just doesnt have the ability to put it together. It seems like the game moves faster than he can process when he has the ball in his hands.

Also selling my Morgan stock. Just not an impactful enough player on either end. Too small and not aggressive enough to be a guy who puts his imprint on the game. Not a good enough shooter to play on the perimeter. Not enough ball-handling to be a playmaker.
I tend to think it all comes down to how these guys shoot. They each offer something intriguing amid their flaws. They can probably all function as a replacement 9th man in the Jazz's 9-man rotation on occasion, depending on who's missing any particular game. As with Oni, the Jazz can cover up the flaws in that role. But unless they can be trusted to shoot, they'll be exposed in a bigger role and they're not likely to get regular rotation minutes.