What's new

Who will be the next head coach of the Utah Jazz?

I applaud the front office for their current strategy, even though it's going to result in a very difficult year.

I don't applaud this at all. Especially if they are going to charge full price for tickets and NBA LP. This is ****ty basketball. And they want us to pay to watch this?

I know I didn't. Evergreen Tree Online University brought their basketball team to Utah for the first time ever last night. I wasn't missing that for anything.

Nice. Close game. Nail biter, I heard. Those cute little gooey-ducks.

[video=youtube_share;iZhQLoYIbJ4]https://youtu.be/iZhQLoYIbJ4

I've had a little bit of direct experience with Greg Miller and it leads me to believe that your opinion of him is way off.

Regarding the point guard problem, I think that exists specifically because Greg is on board with the tanking strategy. I don't think Larry could have ever done that no matter how obvious the need became. I applaud the front office for their current strategy, even though it's going to result in a very difficult year. Hopefully we get lucky in the lottery and a couple of years from now we'll be praising Lindsay and Greg Miller for doing what had to be done.

We all agree the tank is the right direction. However, we at least need to have the young guys learning under a coach who can teach them something and who will be able to grow with them and lead them to a future championship. We can still tank and get a top 5 pick if we dump Corbin. In fact, I think it is absolutely imperative that we get rid of him ASAP! I guess we could wait a little longer to ensure that top 5 pick, but not too much longer.

Corbin's gone. It's just a matter of time.

I can't see it being a "big" name, though (unless we land Wiggins or Parker, and the job is immediately much more desirable.)

I could see it being a "Utah" guy, meaning just somebody with direct ties to the franchise or region. I bet Stockton's name will swirl (not happening). I bet Krystkowiak's name is mentioned as well.

I don't know SA's coaching staff well, but I wouldn't be stunned to Lindsey dip into the Poppovich coaching tree to tab his guy.

It'll be great to watch this unfold. I'm excited.

We all agree the tank is the right direction. However, we at least need to have the young guys learning under a coach who can teach them something and who will be able to grow with them and lead them to a future championship. We can still tank and get a top 5 pick if we dump Corbin. In fact, I think it is absolutely imperative that we get rid of him ASAP! I guess we could wait a little longer to ensure that top 5 pick, but not too much longer.

I disagree that they aren't learning anything. They are getting their first big taste of losing and I am sure it's not sitting well with them. This is what we wanted, our young guys thrown into the fire. Let Corbin walk off into the sunset at the end of the season. Until then, give yourself the best opportunity to pick one of those franchise players in the draft.

Not sure it matters. The front office is pathetic enough to bring back Corbin, so they`ll probably pick someone just as bad.

Corbin's gone. It's just a matter of time.

I can't see it being a "big" name, though (unless we land Wiggins or Parker, and the job is immediately much more desirable.)

I could see it being a "Utah" guy, meaning just somebody with direct ties to the franchise or region. I bet Stockton's name will swirl (not happening). I bet Krystkowiak's name is mentioned as well.

I don't know SA's coaching staff well, but I wouldn't be stunned to Lindsey dip into the Poppovich coaching tree to tab his guy.

It'll be great to watch this unfold. I'm excited.

I know you're saying that his name is going to be "mentioned," but I don't think anyone considers Krystkowiak as an NBA coach at this point.

I'm not a Jazz fan, only a lover of basketball; looking from outside, the Jazz should fire the coach NOW!
When the players have lost their belief, they get used to losing all the time, it will not bother them; no talented player will develop within that athmosphere; even if the next LeBron is drafted next year, he would be wasted.
The definition of tanking is not something like you are automatically rising the following years. You should have a plan, you should make wise decisions.
Orlando has been doing fine in that respect, e.g, in only one year after Howard they are in a much better sitiuation. The Jazz does not seem to know what they are doing; with that mentality it would only be worse in the coming years than today. (How in the world did they manage to compile so many useless players?)
Breaking NBA's losing record is within sight, and the very first sensible thing would be to change the coach and change the mentality and give some hope.

Am I the only one who sees Stockton taking over?

Well, with Horny gone, it leaves the possibility open, plus Karl would then probably become a full-time assistant coach. But would Stockton actually do it, leave his reserve behind and become the vocal leader he never was as a player. Can you imagine that scenario though. Stockton and Malone once again leading the Jazz. Wow, now that's something to think about.

No to Stockton. No coaching experience. Wait, let the losses pile up, see if this team has a leader (Burke?), and see what coaches come available/impress from college. The good news is, I think a college coach would do really well here because we are so young.

Fred Hoiberg would be the best option, but he'll be too busy building a powerhouse at Iowa State

Buzz Williams
George Carl
Tom Thibodeau (if the Bulls don't place 1-4 seed and/or don't make it out of the first round, but I'm still placing this lower as this sounds insanely unlikely to me)

I'd take Tom Thibodeau if he were available. It would take some weapons grade stupidity for the Bulls to fire him, however. It would almost be as stupid as the Utes firing Kyle Whittingham.

I'd take Tom Thibodeau if he were available. It would take some weapons grade stupidity for the Bulls to fire him, however. It would almost be as stupid as the Utes firing Kyle Whittingham.

So, ya mean Thibs is going to be available soon?

I like SVGs coaching ability but he's just as much a diva off the court as the players he's fueded with. I'd prefer someone more professional.

We've got no shot at Thibs.

George Karl would be an interesting possibility. I know he's long been a fan of the organization.