What's new

Who will be the next head coach of the Utah Jazz?

David Stern

Everyone breathe easy, Corbin is not the guy and the Jazz are smart enough at this point to see that. After he successfully leads the tank, he will be gone. A lot of threads last year were directed at getting the guys who got hired by other teams, so I don't know who is a valuable candidate. Who are some of the coaches we should go after?

Gordon Hayward.

We got 15 years left of Corbin. Then Hayward (like JKidd) will take over as coach after being an assistant for one year. Corbin will suffer a heart attack on March 20 and retire for health reasons.

So you think that the Jazz are holding onto Corbin this year to lead the tank?

Whoever we draft better be the next LeBron James, because the Jazz will have essentially wasted 3 seasons of their core's development for this guy.

We missed out on Jeff Hornacek. His tanking Suns have one of the top records in the west right now.

If we draft wiggins I can see Phil Jackson trying to come on is some kind of role. He's such a talent chasing douche.

Everyone breathe easy, Corbin is not the guy and the Jazz are smart enough at this point to see that. After he successfully leads the tank, he will be gone. A lot of threads last year were directed at getting the guys who got hired by other teams, so I don't know who is a valuable candidate. Who are some of the coaches we should go after?
Cyrone Torbin. The only reason Ty would agree to this train wreck of a roster is if he had some assurance from Lindsey and Miller that he will not be evaluated on W/L record. Lindsey will be grateful to Ty for going along with the Tank strategy, letting the youngsters play and ending up with a top-5 pick. Corbin will be rewarded.

The homer part of me would LOVE to see what a Dave Rose could do with real NBA athletes. Watched him coach at Dixie before he went to BYU and have always been a fan. His offenses are just a joy to watch when he has the horses. His big man coaching would need to be supplemented, although he did make Raphael Arujuo look like a #8 draft pick, so there is that. . .

Cyrone Torbin. The only reason Ty would agree to this train wreck of a roster is if he had some assurance from Lindsey and Miller that he will not be evaluated on W/L record. Lindsey will be grateful to Ty for going along with the Tank strategy, letting the youngsters play and ending up with a top-5 pick. Corbin will be rewarded.

Let's hope it's only for 1 season after the tank though. He can't keep blackmailing us. (no punn intended)

We missed out on Jeff Hornacek. His tanking Suns have one of the top records in the west right now.

All of DL's old Spurs guys got new gigs this season (Philly and Sacto) and I thought Brad Stevens could have been in the mix for the Jazz. Seems like the front office missed out on some promising young coaches because they are so loyal to Corbin. There's something to be said for loyalty.

However, if the franchise thinks someone is entitled to have a head coaching job simply because he was the next one in line, the whole idea of competing for a championship will merely be an illusion for fans of this club.