What's new

Who will be the next head coach of the Utah Jazz?

Cyrone Torbin. The only reason Ty would agree to this train wreck of a roster is if he had some assurance from Lindsey and Miller that he will not be evaluated on W/L record. Lindsey will be grateful to Ty for going along with the Tank strategy, letting the youngsters play and ending up with a top-5 pick. Corbin will be rewarded.
Call me naive, but I think Lindsey is smart enough to recognize that Corbin is not the guy that will lead this team to the championship promised land. I think we let this season play out, then thank Corbin for his service and loyalty to the Jazz, then let him walk. The way I see it, Corbin has already been rewarded, he was given an opportunity to be a head coach by this organization. At least he can put that on his resume now when he looks for another job in the near future.

The homer part of me would LOVE to see what a Dave Rose could do with real NBA athletes. Watched him coach at Dixie before he went to BYU and have always been a fan. His offenses are just a joy to watch when he has the horses. His big man coaching would need to be supplemented, although he did make Raphael Arujuo look like a #8 draft pick, so there is that. . .

Rose's style would be a disaster in the NBA. He would have to make significant changes on both sides of the court to have any chance. So I guess I am agreeing with the homer part of your statement.

Rose's style would be a disaster in the NBA. He would have to make significant changes on both sides of the court to have any chance. So I guess I am agreeing with the homer part of your statement.

We'd just have to get teh jimmer.

The first guy that comes to mind is Lionel Hollins. I love his attitude and the gritty style of defense his teams play with. He has a history of successfully developing a quality big rotation and I just think this team would be fun to watch under his leadership. With that said, DL seems to be a progressive and everything in the NBA is tilting towards major analytics. Hollins is not an analytics coach. It was one of the reasons he ended up on the outs with Memphis.

As far as progressive attitudes go, I could easily see DL go with an international coach IF he found one that could handle the egos of NBA athletes. The Jazz have really increased their emphasis on international scouting and it wouldn't surprise me to see some of those coaches impress. I wouldn't rule it out. Eventually, somebody is going to make that move. I wouldn't put it past DL at all.

John Stockton???????

?????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????/
'?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

/questionmark

Cyrone Torbin. The only reason Ty would agree to this train wreck of a roster is if he had some assurance from Lindsey and Miller that he will not be evaluated on W/L record. Lindsey will be grateful to Ty for going along with the Tank strategy, letting the youngsters play and ending up with a top-5 pick. Corbin will be rewarded.

Yeah, his reward was being allowed to coach this year, make HC money, and show some other team he could do something with top 10 talent he has been coaching for years now.

His reward is having a job this year and letting Horny walk to do so.

SVG is the type of coach Lindsey likes too. Defensive-minded and just great at developing talent. Especially Favors will shine during his term.

And most importantly, Jazz players will love to play for him!

Gordon Hayward.

We got 15 years left of Corbin. Then Hayward (like JKidd) will take over as coach after being an assistant for one year. Corbin will suffer a heart attack on March 20 and retire for health reasons.

No he'll retire for knee tendinitis