What's new

Who will end the triple-double drought?

Could be vando. Probably no one on the roster right now though.

Scoot, Amen, Wallace or Black... depending on which one we land.

Last edited:
Points is obviously the easiest one to get. I think rebounds is the next easiest. So you have to look at dudes who are good passers but also have some size (for the rebounds). Only guys who fit that criteria on the roster are Vando and THT. Conley could have a flukey big rebounding game. Clarkson could have a flukey big rebounding and assist game. Kessler could get 10 blocks but even for a great shot blocker that is extremely rare. Maybe NAW could do it.
I think Vando and THT are the two with the size and versatility to their game to get a triple double but they lack the minutes.
KO is another guy that fits the criteria. He is a good passer and is big enough and around the hoop enough to get the rebounds needed.

Probably no one on this roster does it this year though.

Of our current players, nobody seems super likely. I would put the best odds on Clarkson, just because it would need to be someone that plays ball in hand. Next best odds I would say Conley.

For some reason it does seem like NAW or THT could randomly have a game like that as well.

Maybe, but his career high in assists is 6.
Yeah, but it's part of his progression. He's been a solid passer outside the NBA and I think he'll keep improving in that area. He can be the ball handler in pick and roll and should be more often. Plus he's getting doubled more than ever recently.

Yeah, but it's part of his progression. He's been a solid passer outside the NBA and I think he'll keep improving in that area. He can be the ball handler in pick and roll and should be more often. Plus he's getting doubled more than ever recently.
I dont see Lauri triple double that unimaginable considering his skills and IQ.. and one area he needs to develop is to set up others when he is doubled.

But the biggest issue is I think Hardy has told him to try and score anytime he has the ball. Thats his development strategy for this year.. being ultra-aggressive to push his scoring confidence as high up as possible.

Add more passing next year maybe?

I doubt the guy is on the Jazz radar. He is older, played college for four years and then in Europe. The interesting thing about him is that he has never averaged less than 10 ppg wherever he has played. His lowest ppg was his freshman year of college. He is Pepperdine's all time leading scorer and rebounder.