Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Johnson

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Gobert

Votes: 22 31.0%

• Total voters
You just said you werent trying to put meaning behind it but this clearly shows you are. It's a small sample that has no meaning.

What did i say that shows im putting meaning behind it? All my post was about was defending myself for when i stated that the jazz did better without him than with him and then i was told i was wrong. Thats it. I agree that its a small sample size that has no meaning. I found it to funny (weird/odd/strange) There is no more to it than that.
What meaning, in your opinion, was i trying to get out there?

What did i say that shows im putting meaning behind it? All my post was about was defending myself for when i stated that the jazz did better without him than with him and then i was told i was wrong. Thats it. I agree that its a small sample size that has no meaning. I found it to funny (weird/odd/strange) There is no more to it than that.
What meaning, in your opinion, was i trying to get out there?
That Hayward isn't that good/that the Jazz are as good or better without him, otherwise, why bring it up (and harp on it)?

"It's funny."?

Oh, okay.

That Hayward isn't that good/that the Jazz are as good or better without him, otherwise, why bring it up (and harp on it)?

"It's funny."?

Oh, okay.
I already said that I don't think those things.
Sorry that you read into something that wasn't there. In the end my simple statement was correct.

Scoring wise, Hayward was 7th in efficiency among high volume scorers. Your perception of him is wrong.

If you are only talking about last season, Hayward was very good indeed. My argument, though, was that Hayward was clearly "the man" for three seasons and only during the last one his offensive efficiency was high, so it's not like he was consistently good at that role.

Can we just move along? Holy ****.

My answer.

Gobert is first in points scored.
Hood is first in ppg.
Favors is first in points per 36.

It's gonna be that close.

DGAs6unXUAEx8EN.jpg:large

Was Rubio tatted up last year? I dont think so.

Can we just move along? Holy ****.

My answer.

Gobert is first in points scored.
Hood is first in ppg.
Favors is first in points per 36.

It's gonna be that close.

If our team is healthy I think all of our starters could be within a few points. Gobert, Favors, Inlges, Hood and Rubio could all conceivably be at 15 points plus or minus 2 points.

If our team is healthy I think all of our starters could be within a few points. Gobert, Favors, Inlges, Hood and Rubio could all conceivably be at 15 points plus or minus 2 points.

Rubio's never scored more than 11.1 per game in six NBA seasons. I find it hard to believe that production is all of sudden going to jump by about 40%.

Rubio's never scored more than 11.1 per game in six NBA seasons. I find it hard to believe that production is all of sudden going to jump by about 40%.
He is in a new system and a has coaching staff trying to develop him that has never happened in his career. I expect him to be around 13 points and 11 assists per game. Snyder demands people to shoot when open otherwise it mucks up his system.

He is in a new system and a has coaching staff trying to develop him that has never happened in his career. I expect him to be around 13 points and 11 assists per game. Snyder demands people to shoot when open otherwise it mucks up his system.

13 sure, but Gobert should not be nearly that low. Nor should Hood unless he really struggles.

^
Ignore. I just went back and re-read the your original post to which I responded. I agree and apologize.

Hayward's role was too small. He should have been taking more shots. Nothing about his efficiency suggest the role was too big for him.

Yes, he should have taken more shots. But he didn't. Why? Not sure. Did he pass up a lot of them so he could be viewed as unselfish?

As to the pessimists...
Would Utah be a much better team with Hayward? Of course. I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. Healthy, Utah could have/should have won 60 games last season.

Can Utah still match their 51 win total? I think that's possible.

PG: Rubio and an improved Dante >> Hill for 49 games and hobbled in many more and Mack.
SG: Hood, Mitchell, Burks > an oft-injured Hood and Ingles
SF: Ingles/Sefolosha <<< Hayward
PF: Favors/JJ/Jerebko>>> Fat Boris/JJ
C: Gobert/Udoh >> Gobert/Withey

If Utah has the same injury troubles as last season, then no, Jazz won't make the playoffs. But Utah essentially played 1.5 starters short (Favors and Hill). Hayward missed time. Hood missed time. I forget the term, but Utah was 7th in games missed, but LED the league when adjusted for impact.

I think all of those factors may be enough to offset the loss of Hayward. I'm counting on Utah winning around 50 games. Now that could very well be the 8th seed. There have been a few seasons, IINM, when all 8 WC playoff teams won 50. I think that happens again. And the last playoff teams in the EC could be in the mid-to-low 30's.

Yes, he should have taken more shots. But he didn't. Why? Not sure. Did he pass up a lot of them so he could be viewed as unselfish?

As to the pessimists...
Would Utah be a much better team with Hayward? Of course. I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. Healthy, Utah could have/should have won 60 games last season.

Can Utah still match their 51 win total? I think that's possible.

PG: Rubio and an improved Dante >> Hill for 49 games and hobbled in many more and Mack.
SG: Hood, Mitchell, Burks > an oft-injured Hood and Ingles
SF: Ingles/Sefolosha <<< Hayward
PF: Favors/JJ/Jerebko>>> Fat Boris/JJ
C: Gobert/Udoh >> Gobert/Withey

If Utah has the same injury troubles as last season, then no, Jazz won't make the playoffs. But Utah essentially played 1.5 starters short (Favors and Hill). Hayward missed time. Hood missed time. I forget the term, but Utah was 7th in games missed, but LED the league when adjusted for impact.

I think all of those factors may be enough to offset the loss of Hayward. I'm counting on Utah winning around 50 games. Now that could very well be the 8th seed. There have been a few seasons, IINM, when all 8 WC playoff teams won 50. I think that happens again. And the last playoff teams in the EC could be in the mid-to-low 30's.

Very solid post, taking health into account.

My pick is Favors because of volume. The Jazz will have a hard time finding the shots they want in the half court, but that won't apply to Favors. The defense will give Favors wide open mid range shots, and he has shown time and time again that he wants that shot. Does it go in? Not really, but he'll put em up. I anticipate a very high usage with middling/below average efficiency. He'll put up pretty numbers for the contract year.

Ricky Rubio called Derrick Favors "one of the most talented players in the league" and said "I'm going to feed him a lot on the pick and pop"

Ricky Rubio called Derrick Favors "one of the most talented players in the league" and said "I'm going to feed him a lot on the pick and pop"

That's why Favors is my pick. The defense is going to give us that shot every single time, and Favors is more than willing to take it. Not a great thing for the team's efficiency, but it'll give a boost to Fav's PPG. He'll hoist up those 35-40% jumpers all day.

That's why Favors is my pick. The defense is going to give us that shot every single time, and Favors is more than willing to take it. Not a great thing for the team's efficiency, but it'll give a boost to Fav's PPG. He'll hoist up those 35-40% jumpers all day.

Quin is not going to allow that. It's a losing play. Rubio will find out soon enough Favors is no Karl Anthony Towns.