What's new

Who will win the Kevin Love sweepstakes?

Where is this Kevin Love dude going to end up?

• Lakers

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Clippers

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Jazz

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Nets

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Blazers

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sixers

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Bucks

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Forgot about that... I guess that gives us a chance. If bought out I’d bet large sums of money on him landing in LA.

I doubt they buy the guy out... unless they squeeze him for a bunch of money. Buying him out is just an anchor on the cap sheet that you can’t do anything with.
One sell we could use is @JimLes theory on having a place that can be “home” for your legacy. That probably won’t be Minnesota for him. We could make an arrangement where we essentially reallocate anything Gordon Hayward to being Kevin Love. So KLove gets his number retired and gets the legacy treatment, we talk about his scuffle with CP3 in the playoffs, and how he came back from Zupas food poisoning. It would be like the allegory of the olive tree with the grafting in of wild branches. Then this is all capped off by our championship this year. And in all those Park City orgies, his big thing could be “daddy’s always happy.”

Forgot about that... I guess that gives us a chance. If bought out I’d bet large sums of money on him landing in LA.

I doubt they buy the guy out... unless they squeeze him for a bunch of money. Buying him out is just an anchor on the cap sheet that you can’t do anything with.
Who’s he playing over in either LA spot? I don’t think he wants to play with Lebron again, and the Clippers are soulless.

I don’t know... I kinda think there’s a chance here if he gets bought out. The counter to your argument about that is maybe he does save them some millions by doing so, and what benefit is keeping him if he is totally washed?

As well as Niang is playing, people can’t lose sight of how insanely incredible it would be to have Kevin Love as your 9th man. I get that from those optics, he wouldn’t choose here, but simply from the perspective of having him as your 9th guy... it’s like passing up a free dinner at The French Laundry because you ate a big lunch.

Oh... and we could also sign DedEx when Houston waives him because we’ll be meeting Harden in the finals.

One sell we could use is @JimLes theory on having a place that can be “home” for your legacy. That probably won’t be Minnesota for him. We could make an arrangement where we essentially reallocate anything Gordon Hayward to being Kevin Love. So KLove gets his number retired and gets the legacy treatment, we talk about his scuffle with CP3 in the playoffs, and how he came back from Zupas food poisoning. It would be like the allegory of the olive tree with the grafting in of wild branches. Then this is all capped off by our championship this year. And in all those Park City orgies, his big thing could be “daddy’s always happy.”
And do some deep fake work on n highlight reels to replace Hayward’s face.... hmmmm this could work... robin may even go along with it.

Maybe while we’re dreaming, we could see OPJ get bought out.

And do some deep fake work on n highlight reels to replace Hayward’s face.... hmmmm this could work... robin may even go along with it.

Deep fake? There's no need. I can't tell white people apart as it is. It wasn't until last year that I found out Kyle Korver wasn't in That 70s Show.

If Love wanted to come to Utah I would love to have him. He would help the spread attack.

But frankly, I have chemistry and minute concerns and the learning curve to figure out our system. It took Conley 8 months.

That and Favors has been the main addition from 2020 to 2021 and Love would take minutes from Favors and/or Boggy D.

If he wants to touch the ball I dont think he goes to the Nets. If he and LeBron every made up I think he goes to the Lakers.

Does he move the needle against the Lakers?
Yes, when you consider that he's an elite rebounder and with LA playing two rebounding bigs, this is helpful because he'd be replacing the minutes of someone else who is a below average rebounder.

as much as i would love to see love on this team I just do not see it happening. With Bogdanovic's struggles, love could see some playing time. I like Niang as much as the next guy but Love is much better.

If he doesn’t go to the Lakers, then he’ll promise Bron that he’ll stay in the East.