What's new

Who Wins Rookie of The Year?

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
CIwzIdrUkAAEdIe.png

That's a look at the Vegas odds.

As far as who I think will win it, I'd say Okafor.

As far as who I would bet on to win it. I'd put my money on Kaminsky. 25/1 odds seems kind of low for a senior who just won National Player of the Year. Not saying he is a sure thing, but he could put up some points spacing the floor for Jefferson if he gets the minutes.

Hezonja would probably be my next bet since I like his pro experience and his 16/1 odds.

Overall I just see this class being similar to last year's class in not producing great rookie year stats.

As far as who I think will win it, I'd say Okafor.

As far as who I would bet on to win it. I'd put my money on Kaminsky. 25/1 odds seems kind of low for a senior who just won National Player of the Year. Not saying he is a sure thing, but he could put up some points spacing the floor for Jefferson if he gets the minutes.

Hezonja would probably be my next bet since I like his pro experience and his 16/1 odds.

Overall I just see this class being similar to last year's class in not producing great rookie year stats.
I like your choice to actually bet on.

I think russell will win it but like I said, that Frank pick is a good high reward pick with some likelihood of winning. (His age and readiness should help)

If Russell can play atleast as good as Dante Exum did last year, he will win it walking away. LAL and Kobe Bryant teamate media bias.

I think Russell is going to have a little bit of trouble in the NBA at first, especially if he is playing PG.

I don't see him winning ROY. Not even sure how much of leash he will be on with an old-school coach.

What?!? No Holmes? But seriously if I had to pick a winner I'd go with Mudiay, and best bet is probably Kaminsky as already stated.

Russell will win it going away.
Agree with Cy's take on taking Frank's odds.

But no one has a shot. Russell will just take it.

What?!? No Holmes? But seriously if I had to pick a winner I'd go with Mudiay, and best bet is probably Kaminsky as already stated.

No way I would take 7/1 odds on a kid who only played a handful of Chinese league games coming into the NBA.

Russell will win it going away.
Agree with Cy's take on taking Frank's odds.

But no one has a shot. Russell will just take it.
Yup

Good thread. Kaminsky would be a good bet. Also, no one has mentioned Porz who has the same odds.

As far as who I think will actually win it: Russell.

If Kobe is healthy all year, I have my doubts about Russell. Grumpy old man gonna sabatge the youngin' by trying to show him he's still the best. If Kobe is injured, then I'm in agreement with Russell. I'll go with Okador if Kobe stays healthy.

Mudiay will get some serious minutes, assuming Ty is gone. Denver seems to be in full tank mode. If they go that route Mudiay gets free run and lots of minutes. I think 76ers in theory have to try a little harder, they cant keep all out tanking. Jahlil might not even start. Minnesota is going to try hard this year. KAT might start but I think he will come off the bench for about half the season. Depends where De'Angelo ends up. He could be traded or the Lakers could bring in some big name FA so he does not get that many minutes or takes a back seat ala Exum last year. Johnson might not be a bad bet either. His team might really struggle and he is more NBA ready than a lot of rookies on a bad team.

So my top 2 are Mudiay and Johnson.

Considering the odds

I like Russel cuz I think he has the best shot at actually winning it

Next I like Hezonja. He should be higher than 16/1. He is going to be important in Orlando.
Then Winslow. Even if Wade is back Winslow should play a major role

I don't like Okafor at those odds. ****ty teams make guards and wings look good not necessarily bigs. I'd take Towns over Okafor. There is enough talent around him for Towns to have a good year

Mudiay will get some serious minutes, assuming Ty is gone. Denver seems to be in full tank mode. If they go that route Mudiay gets free run and lots of minutes. I think 76ers in theory have to try a little harder, they cant keep all out tanking. Jahlil might not even start. Minnesota is going to try hard this year. KAT might start but I think he will come off the bench for about half the season. Depends where De'Angelo ends up. He could be traded or the Lakers could bring in some big name FA so he does not get that many minutes or takes a back seat ala Exum last year. Johnson might not be a bad bet either. His team might really struggle and he is more NBA ready than a lot of rookies on a bad team.

So my top 2 are Mudiay and Johnson.

Mudiay played like 10 Chinese League games and didn't do that great. He is going to be like Exum in his first year, maybe a little better offensively.

I think Russell is going to have trouble adjusting to NBA defense, especially when it comes to finishing.

Okafor's game is just NBA made in terms of polish and size. He can score on Eastern Conference bigs from day 1.