What's new

Who Wins Rookie of The Year?

I think Russell is going to have trouble adjusting to NBA defense, especially when it comes to finishing.

Maybe but he will still be a great passer and great shooter no matter what.
I agree that he may struggle to finish at the rim though.

Mudiay played like 10 Chinese League games and didn't do that great. He is going to be like Exum in his first year, maybe a little better offensively.

He played great at times in China but he had ups and downs. Everyone says how hard he worked though even if it was frustrating for him. If Exum got more minutes, started from day 1 and had better offense he would have been in the running for Rookie of the year.

Although like last year injuries will probably be the biggest factor in who wins this. If embiid can play and is healthy I would take him over Okafor to win this.

He played great at times in China but he had ups and downs. Everyone says how hard he worked though even if it was frustrating for him. If Exum got more minutes, started from day 1 and had better offense he would have been in the running for Rookie of the year.

Although like last year injuries will probably be the biggest factor in who wins this. If embiid can play and is healthy I would take him over Okafor to win this.

Well I disagree with nearly everything said in this post.

Mudiay played like 10 Chinese League games and didn't do that great.

In his 12 games he averaged 18 points and 6.3 rebounds and 5 assists on 48% shooting, those are not bad numbers for an 18 year old playing in an adult league. The kid missed three months with an Injury and then stepped up in the playoffs scoring 24 points to help his team advance. He did struggle the next game being pressured and asked to do a lot. I am not sure what you expected him to do in a league filled with Men he was playing against and plenty of former NBA players.

He might not win Rookie of the Year but his stats and playing in the Chinese league have nothing to do with that. Its also okay not to like him. I think he is going to be good.

In his 12 games he averaged 18 points and 6.3 rebounds and 5 assists on 48% shooting, those are not bad numbers for an 18 year old playing in an adult league. The kid missed three months with an Injury and then stepped up in the playoffs scoring 24 points to help his team advance. He did struggle the next game being pressured and asked to do a lot. I am not sure what you expected him to do in a league filled with Men he was playing against and plenty of former NBA players.

He might not win Rookie of the Year but his stats and playing in the Chinese league have nothing to do with that. Its also okay not to like him. I think he is going to be good.

The CBL (is that the acronym?) is worse than College Basketball from a competition standpoint.

Well we shall see in the near future Broncster.

The fact that he is still playing behind Lawson (subject to change of course) and he has a defensive minded old-school HC (Malone) doesn't give me a ton of confidence in his rookie year production. Also, loaded Western Conference at most loaded Western position.

The CBL (is that the acronym?) is worse than College Basketball from a competition standpoint.

I disagree there are few NCAA teams that could beat the top teams in the CBA. It has become a very popular spot for former NBA players and NBA hopefuls. Even if you take the rest of the league away the finals game he played in had 5 former NBA players and lots of seasoned veterans of other leagues in it when he dropped 24 and carried his team to a win after being on the bench for months. That shows he works hard as well.

It's easily out of the top 3.

Towns
Okafor
Russell

All of them should get major minutes. But there is possibility that Russell doesn't get all the minutes he can handle because of Jordan Clarkson and the Lakers might be trying to win

Towns and Okafor should get all the minutes they can handle. I see Okafor getting more touches on a team that somehow allows their players to put up tons of stats. Towns may be competing with other players more.

I'd have to lean Okafor for my money. Seems like being in Philly and getting all the minutes he can handle he will put up big numbers. He might not have the best year per say, but will probably have the best numbers.

I'm Going with Hezonja (sp?). Orlando needs a shooter, he wants to shoot. I think Orlando makes a run at the playoffs, this kid scores 15+ and is second in scoring with Gordon. Plus he is flashy. Highlight stuff. He is made for rookie of the year hype.

Russell will win ROY

When LA was drafting there were rumours they drafted Russell because they think they can lure one of the bigs in the free agency (i.e., LaMarcus Aldridge)?

Now that they've struck out with that I think this would now be difficult. Russell will be playing with an ageing Bryant and a half-baked Randle as the best players in the West.