What's new

Who would you NOT be happy with?

Are fans aware that dunks count for as many points as any other 2-pt FG?
sometimes dunks provide energy to the crowd and team, but 15 footers generally dont have the same effect

A good summary on Stauskas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCE4TXhgEU

Like most of the offensive players, he has his downsides in defense but he is trying to be effective and I think this is valuable. And the guy is automatic. You don't leave this guy open.

~ the video is from January and mostly shows the upsides and squeeze some upside even from downsides. Stauskas is not the best passer you would find on court. He makes mistakes, throws careless passes, defends weakly.

Really depends on where the Jazz pick.
If they stay at #5, I'd not be very happy with Embiid, Randle or McDermott

If they trade back in return for a great asset and take Randle, McDermott or Embiid in the #8-12 range, I'd be ok with that pick.

The more I read, the more excited I get about Gordon. That sort of athleticism opens the doors for a lot of things he just hasn't learned to do yet.

I think his ceiling is as high as the top tier guys with solid coaching.

I don't want to see the Jazz with Randle or Smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuH5mqHKIUk

right?

For those of you who didn't watch the video, he didn't miss until 3:26 into the video, and he was shooting about a shot every five seconds as his buddies were feeding him and they all were at least behind the college 3 -- considering he didn't start until :17 into the video that means he shot about 38 straight shots before missing, and it could've been even more because the five seconds was an estimate -- I just noticed, it was actually 46, says on the video.

I would not be happy with Dario Saric at #5 and then he stays overseas for at least a couple years.

I would not be happy with selecting anyone out of a Utah University with any draft pick this year.

I would not be happy losing Favors for anyone other than Wiggins.

I would not be happy with Boller and Harpring talking about their old football days as they ad lib at the party.

Randle. I don't see how he makes the team any better. I'm not nearly as high on Gordon as many of you are but I think he can find a role on this team. Smart could make the team better but he clearly doesn't want to be in Utah so the hell with him. I'm all for trading up and getting Wiggins/Parker because it's too hard to get elite talent to Utah any other way.

Trying to figure out if this is supposed to disparage Aaron Gordon or accidentally support him. . .

As long as the ball goes in, it doesn't really matter how it gets there.

Unless you get hacked every time to touch the ball in key situations because you can't shoot.

Would not be happy with Embiid or Gordon.

If no trade, I really hope for Embiid to go to Philly and somehow Exum slip to the Jazz. Know it's unlikely, but who knows in this draft.

For those of you who didn't watch the video, he didn't miss until 3:26 into the video, and he was shooting about a shot every five seconds as his buddies were feeding him and they all were at least behind the college 3 -- considering he didn't start until :17 into the video that means he shot about 38 straight shots before missing, and it could've been even more because the five seconds was an estimate -- I just noticed, it was actually 46, says on the video.

Stephen Curry invited him because of his success in shooting to a shoot-out between the two, but the NCAA did not allow their players to participate in any match-up with professional basketball players, so the event has been canceled.

The talks about the Jazz selecting Vonleh is overreactive. Vonleh is good enough to be a really promising prospect. He has really nice dribbling skills for a man his size. Great touch. Smart court movement. You cannot have many of those right away from many of the other draftees.

I'm honestly not sold on Gordon. I think he turns into a solid 6th man or role player and that's not what the Jazz need. I've seen people say he'll end up like Blake Griffin but I don't see him ending up with that size frame. Yeah he'd be fun to watch but he's not a shooter, can't shoot free throws and I think he's too small for the 4 and can't see him at the 3 I guess to put into terms I see him as a better Jeremy Evans on both sides of the ball (Gordon is only 20 lbs heavier than Evans).

Jabari Parker-Good offensively, Terrible defensively. Means we gave up too much for this guy.(tweener)
Aaron Gordon-Good defensively, Terrible offensively. Can't play SF if you can't shoot(tweener)

Top Players:
Andrew Wiggins
Dante Exum
Joel Embiid
Noah Vonleh

If these players are of the board then I am okay with Parker or Gordon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk