What's new

Who Would You Rather Have: Herro or Holiday?

Assuming price is relatively equal, who would you rather have?

• Herro

• Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think if you trade for Herro at a lower cost you also move JC and get something for him during the season. Might need to factor that into this thought exercise. I would assume we'd just hold on to JC if we got Holiday.

Maybe we just squint real hard and pretend Dunn is Holiday?

Would need an extension understanding to go that far... imagine lighting 2 picks on fire for one year of Jrue. Even if you got a lot of picks you still need to spend them wisely.
Well yeah, of course, I would imagine that convo would be had. I think Jrue would like Utah. He's a family guy and Utah is trying to win.

Holiday doesn’t make sense given the Jazz’s timeline. Herro is an upgrade over what we currently have, and fits that timeline… he is just so expensive and in my opinion he isn’t that much better over what we currently have in relation to how much more money he makes.

However, the Jazz need to take opportunities wherever they can to consolidate assets and they can’t be too picky. So if we got Herro I’d shrug and embrace it.
My thoughts exactly

Well yeah, of course, I would imagine that convo would be had. I think Jrue would like Utah. He's a family guy and Utah is trying to win.
He isn't eligible until February anyway... so it would all kind of be lip service on both sides. I think he fits a lot of what we are about. 2 high quality picks is just too rich for where we are currently... unless they know Key is gonna be him early.

I think it ends up being a three team with Clips and Philly or Heat and Jazz... or I could see Warriors going for it. I wonder if the Heat are willing to add the salary by flipping Holiday for Lowry (next year really) or if they prefer Herro being in the deal.

Sexton (flipped later) THT, Jovic, Miami first, Lakers first to Portland
Holiday to Miami
Herro to Utah

Meanwhile, the lower salary of Holiday means that the salary match can be Kyle Lowry, Haywood Highsmith, and either Jaime Jaquez Jr. or Nikola Jović. I’m guessing Miami would have to throw in future firsts in 2028 and ’30 on top of this, but this structure doesn’t present the kind of barriers that Herro’s contract did.
Isn’t it much cleaner for the Clippers just to deal directly with Portland? Why not send them Marcus Morris, Robert Covington, Amir Coffey and Jason Preston, along with unprotected firsts in 2028 and ’30, and then move along with their nice, happy season?
These were the top two fake trades for Holiday proposed by Hollinger in his recent article.

So would Utah really have to include two picks? What if they just give up 1 high quality pick? THT and KO are better quality expirings than any of the listed players. Sexton is a decent rotation player on a decent contract that can be routed to a 3rd team for a handful of 2nd rounders and expirings.

These were the top two fake trades for Holiday proposed by Hollinger in his recent article.

So would Utah really have to include two picks? What if they just give up 1 high quality pick? THT and KO are better quality expirings than any of the listed players. Sexton is a decent rotation player on a decent contract that can be routed to a 3rd team for a handful of 2nd rounders and expirings.
those Clips picks will be juicy. I'd say yes the cost will be two firsts. I think the three team idea where Miami sends Herro, 1 pick and Jovic is decent.

Looking at the board I think the Clips package might be the best.

those Clips picks will be juicy. I'd say yes the cost will be two firsts. I think the three team idea where Miami sends Herro, 1 pick and Jovic is decent.

Looking at the board I think the Clips package might be the best.
Yeah, but will the Clippers really be willing to do that? They havent even committed to extending PG/Kawhi yet. There is so much health risk involved with that team, giving up two far out unprotected picks might be way too risky for them.

They also have that outside hope they can eventually get Harden for cheapish because he will just keep demanding to be there?

I think in an ideal world for Portland they get a three team deal done with Philly and LA and get a first from each in a Harden-Jrue three way. That way you have 3 unprotected picks from three teams that could be **** in a few years.

Yeah, but will the Clippers really be willing to do that? They havent even committed to extending PG/Kawhi yet. There is so much health risk involved with that team, giving up two far out unprotected picks might be way too risky for them.

They also have that outside hope they can eventually get Harden for cheapish because he will just keep demanding to be there?
New arena so they might... if they think those guys are actually healthy. I think they were willing to trade a pick for Harden if the rumors are to be believed... but would not do two picks.

That seems possible.
If Clips like Holiday more than Harden Philly is ****ed doe... Who gonna trade for Harden now Morey. Maybe Harden sees the writing on the wall and says "JK me and Morey are cool".

Holiday going to GS would also be hilarious after CP decided to make a stink about coming off the bench in GS. Warriors like "okay CP enjoy mentoring Scoot instead of trying to get a ring".

Neither? We have a good group right now. Let's run that and talk about trades in February

One more Holiday trade... say NY wants to make a move to consolidate and improve. Here is a three way

1695923106386.png

Bucks = Blazers here. We send the LA pick to Portland. NY sends one of their many ****** picks to Portland. RJ and Ayton are their reclamation projects. Knicks replace Quickley with Sexton for the bench spark plug.

One more Holiday trade... say NY wants to make a move to consolidate and improve. Here is a three way

View attachment 15135

Bucks = Blazers here. We send the LA pick to Portland. NY sends one of their many ****** picks to Portland. RJ and Ayton are their reclamation projects. Knicks replace Quickley with Sexton for the bench spark plug.
this is the one I love now... @KqWIN will be in too. I think this actually smoothes out the roster quite nicely. Fournier is expiring. IQ/JC/Lauri/JC/Kessler is something I like and it works with those concerned on the timeline.