What's new

Why are Mormon temples so ugly?

The cambodian one is really cool. I like the throw-back architecture.

The cambodian one is really cool. I like the throw-back architecture.
The Bangkok, Thailand and Bengaluru, India have similar architecture, but I like the Cambodian one the most. It's more sleak.

bangkok-thailand-temple-8011-main.jpg

bengaluru-india-temple-7886-main.jpg

You’re going to St. George? Dang. I gave a referral for someone who was looking for work in Bountiful of SL.

I’ve been doing the electrical for all the new GOAT Haircuts (goathaircuts.com) locations. They’re expanding like crazy and St. George is on their list. Halfway through one down there with two more coming. Plus one in Logan, plus more throughout the Salt Lake Valley. Plus they’ve started looking back into Utah County.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Why do they have so much vertical height? Are there several floors or is it a huge vaulted ceiling?

Several floors.
More specifically, some locations go higher in verticality due to property costs and sizes, such as Tokyo or NYC. In the case of Bangkok, it’s being built on land that the church already owned, so to accommodate size needed, it must go up.

I think they are beautiful. Especially on the inside

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Aside from the one downtown, Mormon temples are absolutely terrible looking. I am sick of staring at those eye sores every time I leave my house. Can't you at least put forth SOME effort into their design. Sheesh.

Edit: Specially the one in Provo. That one is the worst.

The Provo one is the only one I can think of that is actually ugly. Or are you trolling. But yeah, the Provo one is an eyesore.

Why am I defending religion? IDK, but I do know the last thing you can do is call Temples ugly. Other than Provo obviously.

The Provo one is the only one I can think of that is actually ugly. Or are you trolling. But yeah, the Provo one is an eyesore.
It’s certainly not attractive. That said, I hope they don’t change it. Ogden was the same and they completely changed it.

Just released today for Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

port-moresby-papua-new-guinea-temple-11739-main.jpg

They’ve done a great job at designing these new smaller temples that are around 10k square feet. In the late 90s / early 2000s they had a design that is a little odd for the same size. It was used for probably 30 or so temples. These newer ones of roughly the same size are much more appealing.