What's new

Why is Marvin Starting Over Hayward?

I am at loss trying to figure this out. Hayward has dramatically improved since, is much younger, and has tons more upside, in addition to already being significantly better than Marvin today. Why does Hayward come off the bench and is averaging less minutes than last year, when his competition is Marvin Williams, and Gordon is producing at similar rate as the guy drafted right after him - all star Paul George? What is the logic behind this?

....it's a racial thing. The better question is why are the Jazz even paying Williams at all???

why is jefferson start over favors
why is millsap start over kanter
why is marvin start over hayward
why is chucker start over burks
why is jamaal tinsley start over trey burke

I'd rather see Favors than Al, but Millsap easily deserves to start over Favors and Kanter.

Corbin sucks.

Corbin has big boobs.

Corbin looks like a turtle.

He is very dumb.

He sucks.

He thinks wearing a suit and a bling bling gold watch is all it takes to be a good coach.

He has big boobs.

Yeah, Corbin sucks. He is so stupid. It's hopeless...

Corbin sucks.

Corbin has big boobs.

Corbin looks like a turtle.

He is very dumb.

He sucks.

He thinks wearing a suit and a bling bling gold watch is all it takes to be a good coach.

He has big boobs.

Yeah, Corbin sucks. He is so stupid. It's hopeless...

And the circlejerk in this thread is complete.

I'd rather see Favors than Al, but Millsap easily deserves to start over Favors and Kanter.
Over Kanter yes. Over Favors **** no. Favors is better than Millsap. It's really not that close. Favors is 10X better at defense while being a little bit worse on offense.

The bigger question is why is Ty so scared to turn the offense over to Hayward? He just can't seem to get over the "dump it down to Big Al" as his security blanket. He should start Hayward and have the majority of possessions go through him. We'll only be mediocre if we go through Big Al. I think it's just lazy coaching to say he would get more touches if Gordon came off the bench. Be a man Ty, start Gordon and turn the keys over to him.

David West averages one less FG attempt per game than Al, and Paul George still gets enough shot opportunities. My point here is that Hayward should start and play nearly entire game, leaving only 8-10 mins behind for Marvin or others at SF position. Yes, some of these minutes will be with Al, but much like Paul George seems to be able to get enough touches around David West (who shoots nearly identical # of shots as Al), I just don't think Hayward's performance would suffer. He needs more minutes, with or without Jefferson on the floor with him. Why these minutes go to Marvin, who stinks regardless who is on the floor with him is still a mystery to me.

but then foyes and millsap touches will suffer.

Over Kanter yes. Over Favors **** no. Favors is better than Millsap. It's really not that close. Favors is 10X better at defense while being a little bit worse on offense.
but millsap has the "stretch game
favors does nog.
millsap is betetr at giuarding (stretch pf)
so against most teams sap would be a better starter at pf

but then foyes and millsap touches will suffer.

The argument that Hayward should stay on the bench and play fewer minutes than last year in favor of Marvin because Al, Millsap, and Foye's attempts just does not seem to make sense when Paul George is able to get plenty of opportunities with West, Hill, and Hibbert attempting as much or more than the aforementioned Utah starters. Even if Hayward does attempt less than George given same 38-40 minutes, wouldn't that still be A LOT better than Marvin starting and playing as much as Hayward does?

Because every time Hayward is moved to the 6th man position he excels. Leave it alone. Focus on other problems. Like why is Watson playing at all.

but millsap has the "stretch game
favors does nog.
millsap is betetr at giuarding (stretch pf)
so against most teams sap would be a better starter at pf

Resign Millsap and not Big Al. Start Favors at C and Sap at PF next year. Problem solved.

The argument that Hayward should stay on the bench and play fewer minutes than last year in favor of Marvin because Al, Millsap, and Foye's attempts just does not seem to make sense when Paul George is able to get plenty of opportunities with West, Hill, and Hibbert attempting as much or more than the aforementioned Utah starters. Even if Hayward does attempt less than George given same 38-40 minutes, wouldn't that still be A LOT better than Marvin starting and playing as much as Hayward does?
but our bench attemps more than pacers bench.

you should look touches as a whole.