What's new

Why not resign AK?

I don't care what he gets somewhere else. I just know what I'd want to keep him for. Just cuz others get certain contracts it doesn't make it a good idea.

That's the market. AK is worth more that 3-5M whether you'd pay him or not. People were saying on here they would keep Korver for 2-3M and he got 5M. UNLESS there is a lockout(and it is probably needed now) then cheap players look like are reduced to rookies and d-leaguers.

WHY?? VERY EASY

Why not resign AK?? Why not Gortat or Bass? Why not Al Jefferson?? Why not use MLE?? Why not used TPE??

VERY EASY

MARC GASOL

Utah can be next summer 12-14-16 millions down the limit ( or 25 without Memo Okur... )

Repeat it

MARC GASOL

Before... We use MLE for AK47 or TPEs in XXXX player but in 2011 summer Utah Jazz should be offert to Marc Gasol 70 x 5 years ( maybe Al Horford second option )

Be Patient

Have any of you seen what contracts have been given out this year?

Outlaw got 7M
Gooden got 6Mish
Thomas got 8M
Korver 5M

You think AK will only get 3-5M? Keep dreaming/smokin

i think the mid-level is somewhere around 5.6 million. Everyone of those players got overpaid. Does that mean the Jazz have to overpay AK again? I doubt AK will want to take a big cut and for that reason I think the Jazz should trade him now. If Jazz wait then they will lose another asset for nothing.

WHY?? VERY EASY

Why not resign AK?? Why not Gortat or Bass? Why not Al Jefferson?? Why not use MLE?? Why not used TPE??

VERY EASY

MARC GASOL

Utah can be next summer 12-14-16 millions down the limit ( or 25 without Memo Okur... )

Repeat it

MARC GASOL

Before... We use MLE for AK47 or TPEs in XXXX player but in 2011 summer Utah Jazz should be offert to Marc Gasol 70 x 5 years ( maybe Al Horford second option )

Be Patient

I agree one hundred percent. However, perhaps the Jazz can get Horford for the expiring contract of AK. Atlanta screwed themselves giving Johnson all that money.

i think the mid-level is somewhere around 5.6 million. Everyone of those players got overpaid. Does that mean the Jazz have to overpay AK again? I doubt AK will want to take a big cut and for that reason I think the Jazz should trade him now. If Jazz wait then they will lose another asset for nothing.

Have to over pay him? No. But will someone else? Probably. So if you realistically want to keep him 3-5M ain't gonna do it.

He was basically fine his first three seasons in the league. In the last six seasons though, he's averaged 62.8 games per year. In those, his effort and head has been in the game about as often as it hasn't. It seems like last year, before his injury, he had found his perfect role and was back to the AK of old again. But that was the first time we had seen that in years. Again, I stand by my statement that we should not pay him more than the full MLE. The likelihood that his head is in the game, and he's focused and executing, AND he's healthy are slim.

I know you wanted to enhance your argument by including the 04-05 season in which he broke his wrist, but over the last FIVE seasons, he's averaged 67.2 games per season (which is right in the range I said earlier - 65-70 games per). You've said multiple times on these boards that he plays 50 games a year. That's the figure you've thrown around, and you're not even close. He plays 65-70 games a year (no different than a lot of guys). And again, you couldn't be more wrong about his day-to-day effort. It's almost always there - 06-07 not included - and it's evident in the way the team plays when he's on the floor (especially relative to those on the floor with him), even if it's not evident in statistics or the momentum-swinging plays he used to be known for.

AK is going to get at LEAST $8M and probably more. When a guy like Outlaw gets 5/$35M, what do you think AK's value will be? I laugh at all these unrealistic posts. At worse, if the market is totally dry, everyone will have their MLE available. So that's the floor for AK.

Prokhorov swung and missed on the bigger FA's. But he's still got a good team, with Favors at PF and Lopez at C and the aforementioned Outlaw. Harris, Lee and Williams looks like a decent backcourt rotation. Update: they have now signed Morrow to an offer sheet. So that's potentially a very good rotation.

I think AK would be a perfect fit for NJ. He's the leader of the Russian national team. He can play either forward position. I'm hoping the Jazz can trade AK's expiring so they can get something out of him. Then AK can sign as a FA with the Nyets.