What's new

Why Trump will win big in 2020

I read some of the comments and made one myself. Who is the author, Conrad Black? People were saying in the comments that he received a pardon for something. Anyone know for what?

I read some of the comments and made one myself. Who is the author, Conrad Black? People were saying in the comments that he received a pardon for something. Anyone know for what?
Convicted for multiple counts of criminal fraud, sentenced to, I believe, six years in prison, personal friend of Trump who pardoned him just last May. So, not exactly the most objective commentator in regards to anything Trump.

Conrad Black, the author of the pro-Trump piece is a wealthy Canadian (sounds like upper class from his biography on Wikipedia) who was pardoned by Trump for fraudulent activities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Black

"While two of the criminal fraud charges were dropped on appeal, a conviction for felony fraud and obstruction of justice were upheld in 2010 and he was re-sentenced to 42 months in prison and a fine of $125,000. In 2018, he wrote a glowing book about President Donald Trump. On May 15, 2019, he was granted a full pardon by Trump.[4]
Black was convicted on four counts in U.S. District Court in Chicago on 13 July 2007. He was sentenced to serve 6½ years in federal prison and to pay Hollinger $6.1 million, in addition to a fine of US$125,000. Appeals resulted in two of Black's three criminal fraud charges being vacated, and his conviction for obstruction of justice was upheld. Black was initially found guilty of diverting funds for personal benefit from money due to Hollinger International, and of other irregularities. The alleged embezzlement occurred when the company sold certain publishing assets. He was also found guilty of one charge of obstruction of justice.[58]

In the initial verdict, Black was fined $125,000 and sentenced to 6½ years in prison, serving a total of 37 months after two fraud charges were overturned by the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, leaving one fraud charge and one obstruction of justice charge, and the improper receipt of $285,000, which was disclosed and approved but incompletely documented, and civil penalties from the SEC. The 6½ year sentence was reduced to 3½ years.[59] The $6.1 million fine to the SEC was reduced to $4.1 million in 2013.[60]"

How ironic that DDT who championed the silent majority and lower class of society was really or at least has become the tool of the upper class. Hey, you could say he has been one of them, though kind of an outsider -- he inherited $400 million from his father.

You could say the same for Obama, who promised much more progressive values and views, and then failed to achieve any of them, aside for continued war in the Middle East, and the intensification of drone war that killed many innocent people -- I'm being sarcastic in that last comment.

Ok, but author bias aside does he have a point that regular Americans are doing so much better under Trump and that your economy is booming? Because lets face it - all the climate, LGBTA, minorities, immigrants and other popular issues left is crying about him are minor and not important for regular Joe who cares to get decent paycheck and provide for his family. At the end of the day if economy is booming ( unless author makes those facts and they are false) it will be hard to see how Trump is going to lose it.

Ok, but author bias aside does he have a point that regular Americans are doing so much better under Trump and that your economy is booming? Because lets face it - all the climate, LGBTA, minorities, immigrants and other popular issues left is crying about him are minor and not important for regular Joe who cares to get decent paycheck and provide for his family. At the end of the day if economy is booming ( unless author makes those facts and they are false) it will be hard to see how Trump is going to lose it.
I've said many times that Trump is different so it is hard to apply these metrics which have been accurate in the past and expect them to be accurate in regard to Trump. I don't know if that means he'll win even bigger or lose or whatever, but I'm not assuming the models will be accurate. This is going to be an interesting election.

I'm doing worse financially. Cost of living has increased at a higher rate than my pay.
Trump isn't the reason for the economy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

regular Americans are doing better financially? Really? By what metric?

“Regular Americans” are barely giving Trump a positive approval rating on the economy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval_economy-6182.html

It's kind of funny that to him "regular" Americans are simply straight white men. No one else's experiences are important apparently, nor are they fully Americans.

Good point.

To my understanding, white men without college degrees are thee only demographic that gives donald a positive approval rating.

Disapproval rating by every other demographic is going to lead to a trump landslide victory? LOL. Okay... if you say so

Conrad Black has always been a dodgy prick, from memory he tried to buy the fairfax media group here in the 80s and was knocked back by the government due to character issues.