What's new

Wife might buy a 2017 Mini Clubman -- Talk me out of it, pls.

LOL. Someone has a lot of pride in their Focus.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JazzFanz mobile app
I don’t have one. I’d drive the **** outta an RS, though.

Back to the point: all minis suck.

And that BMW X1 blows, too. I test drove one before buying my Lexus GX, and the Lexus was better in every facet.

I don’t have one. I’d drive the **** outta an RS, though.

Back to the point: all minis suck.

And that BMW X1 blows, too. I test drove one before buying my Lexus GX, and the Lexus was better in every facet.
The GX is a totally different class and is very nice and plush but it drives nothing like the X1. The X1 is tight and responsive yeah understeers a little but it's a peppy very smooth drivetrain, fun car with a pretty decent performance level. Not claiming the X1 is crazy special but it's a damn sweet car in a lot of ways. There's a reason Car and Driver put it at the top of their rankings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JazzFanz mobile app

Egads, did you really bash the Clubman when you drive this, @NAOS ? Speaking of ugly AF, this car got stuck in a mudhole and beat to **** with an ugly stick.

upload_2019-10-22_21-9-12.png

upload_2019-10-22_21-12-47.png
2016_lexus_gx_460-pic-2415883945636974856-1600x1200.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. And it isn’t close

@Gameface ... how short is your wife that she’s inconvenienced by the hatch of a Ford Focus?? You can probably be 4’6” and reach it with ease.
She's a little taller than that. But she doesn't want a hatch. She likes the clubman. She's liked them for years.

And if you're pimping the Fucus why not pimp the Focus RS instead of the ST?

I don't get that "all the cars became more reliable nowadays". I think it's exactly opposite, they are all less reliable, built to last shorter and be difficult in repair.

She's a little taller than that. But she doesn't want a hatch. She likes the clubman. She's liked them for years.

I think the new one is 4WD i'm seriously tempted to buy one in a couple of years but i'll still likely get a Range Rover Disco.

I don't get that "all the cars became more reliable nowadays". I think it's exactly opposite, they are all less reliable, built to last shorter and be difficult in repair.

I disagree.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Because the ST seems to be in the price range of the Clubman (on a quick search).

The RS is a blast, man. It’s one of my favorite cars ever.

That top and bottom ones are ugly (i think they are the same car? What car is that?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The top and bottom are the new 2020 Lexus GX and the 2018 Lexus GX. The middle is a 2005 Cadillac Escalade. They glued a bunch of plastic to a Chevy Suburban for that hideous model.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-22_21-58-35.png
    upload_2019-10-22_21-58-35.png
    796.2 KB · Views: 4